This is an odd question, but I'm curious

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
Alright so my edd is technically April 20th. But if my LO tries to come one more time after this week, my doctor isn't making her stay in. And even if we make it past this week, no one seems to think I'm going to make it full term.

My family isn't throwing me a shower til April 9th, and my friends won't throw one before my family does, so I'm worried I won't have one til after my baby is born, and I won't have everything I need, but I don't wanna go out and buy everything just to make it full term and get that stuff again at a shower.

So...is it rude to suggest to my family that we change the date to Feb or March?

No it's not weird to ask them that.. I'm sure they'll understand.
It's not like you choose for this baby to come out early, but if the doctors think she will and she has tried to come out before then it's totally understandable.

I agree! You're only being practical, it's hardly for selfish reasons! They are you're family after all and will understand that with baby eager to make an early appearance it makes sense to reorganise and bring the shower forward! Seems very sensible to me!

very sensible idea if your little one is thinking of coming earlier and i'm sure your family will understand :)

Are they saying that if your little one comes out early that she will need Neonatal Intensive Care? I am also in pre term labor, have been since 28 weeks and they told me my son being born so early would definitly need the Neonatal Unit and would spend quite a bit of time there...so basically I thought well I wouldnt need that stuff right away because he wouldnt be here. I literally have nothing done...still dont! My shower is Feb 13th.

I had to do the same thing, been struggling with preterm contractions for a couple months now. Though I went out and bought all of the bare necessities. If I could go back, I would have had an earlier baby shower. Now I'm in buying mode for my LO and it's so hard to stop - almost pointless to have a shower!!

Ask your family to move the shower up- not only does it take care of some of your necessities before the baby is born, but the farther along you make it, the less activity you need so you can try to keep the little guy in there longer!

They haven't said anything about NICU yet, right now they are just waiting to see what happens. My doctor's exact words to me though were "Katie, I want you to make it to 30 weeks, 32 if possible without her coming, but if she decides to come after that, we probably won't force her to stay.

See, I'm undecided about bringing it forward, the shower, cuz I do have quite a bit of things. I have a car seat, I have a bassinette. I have some clothing items, and obviously she wouldn't be coming home with me right away and I could get more. And I plan to breast feed. I just need diapers truly. So...while I want to ask them to move it forward, I'm also not sure, cuz it's not like I have absolutely nothing, so I could get things after she was born (God forbid), and I know if she came early my family would travel the two hours no questions asked and would help me out.

So....yeah. But thanks for your answers and advice. Any other advice would be appreciated.

If you're not sure and you could cope if you didn't then why not hang on and see what happens? If you do go early then you could bring it forward as a "meet the baby" shower type thing? Xx

fx katie we both make it to 30+ :)
spent most of the night up with painful contractions that eventually stopped again about 4am and been fine for most of today except a bit of cramping a little while ago trying to have an easy day, easier said than done, as to the shower you know I had mine last weekend bcos we are not expected to go full term, just broach yr mum with the idea and see what she says xx

Yeah, I'll talk to my mom about it later. I was going to go over to my parents house today, but with the way the weather is looking, I'm thinking I'm just going to head home after I'm done here for the day, and hide.

HERE'S TO US MAKING IT TO 30+ weeks! *raises glass*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->