This is it...I'm off to be induced tonight! *Updated page 4*

Allie84

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
I go in at 7 pm for the gel, start the drip tomorrow morning. I'm FREAKING OUT tbh. I'm only 38+2 but I have mild preeclampsia and gestational diabetes so I'm being induced. It's not the labor I planned at all and I am really, really nervous!

I've been crying off and on for the past 24 hours and am feeling sick with worry. I know I should eat but I have no appetite at all. All I want to do is cuddle my doggie.

Please send good thoughts and prayers my way and I'll be sure to update as I lay around waiting for all of the medication to work. Super nervous about the gel and the pitocin and to make sure my little boy is ready.

:hugs: Good luck!! I'll be keeping an eye out for your update's. There are plenty of us ladies on here that have been induced, it's not all bad, promise! It's a shame your circumstances have put you in this position, but soon it'll all be over and you'll have LO in your arm's safe and sound! Just try to keep up your fluid's, especially if you have no appetite (and with all the tear's) and try to keep as positive as possible! :hugs:

Aww I can understand how you feel, I'm being induced at 38 weeks and I'm already feeling like you do. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you and looking out for your updates... I've read some really positive induction stories recently so no reason why it shouldn't be the same for you xxx

Allie, I know it isn't the ideal birth you wanted, and I'll keep you and LO in my prayers. Your health is important, so keep that in mind and soon the pre-e and GD will be over. :hugs: You're super strong, Allie, and have been there for me several times when GD was so new to me. I'll keep you in my thoughts, but I know you'll be great and LO will be here soon and safe. :) Keep us updated!

Aww don't worry :hugs: it will all be okay, wishing you luck and LO will be in your arms soon and all the GD worry will be a thing of the past :D xxxxxx
(unless you have another and get it again haha) xxx

Important thing is and i say this all the time, LO is there safety regardless of how the birth goes. With my little boy i planned a home birth from day one, of course that changed completely once diagnosed with GD! xx

Best of luck with your induction, I'm crapping myself that I will need one! Keep us updated lovely. :hugs:

good luck with everything :) i will be watching out for the good news :)

Thanks everyone! :hugs: Heading off in an hour....

good luck i will be thinking about you and yor babytonight. Keep us updated hun!!

Hi allie! I don't really post on here much (just read up, and chat to certain people), but I couldn't not post here, as I can see your worry...

I was diagnosed with pre-e at 37+1 and induced that very same night!! I had hoped all the way through my pregnancy that everything would happen naturally and go like clock work, and my baby would be born with no/ little intervention, so I was obviously anxious when they said they were going to induce! I was worried that it would last ages and disappointed that I wouldn't be able to use movement/ birthing ball/ bath etc as pain relief, and having to deliver on my back... which I'm sure are similar to your worries!?

Now what happened was a completely different story and HONESTLY I couldn't have hoped for a better birth!!! I was given a sweep at 10pm and then someone came to transfer me to the L&D ward, they broke my waters at 11pm, started my drip at 1am and by the time we got to 3am I was ready to push... She was born just before 5am! I managed the labour with just gas and air and only had a tiny neat tear which didn't need stitches and healed within days by itself! I honestly couldn't have hoped for it to have gone any smoother. My little girl isn't even due until today (13th) and she's now 19days old, and she's wonderful!

On the flip side, my SIL (who is due Tuesday, so should have been 2days apart) has been having pains and contractions/ tightenings etc for over a week now and she feels like its going to be very drawn out. So, my point is (and sorry for the long winded message to get to this) that the "less natural" route isn't always the easiest and most pleasant etc.

Please try and stay positive, your body does know what to do!! I really hope your induction goes well and I will be thinking of you today. You'll soon have your LO in your arms and realise that whatever labour you had, it was worth every single second!!

GL, I will be checking for updates xxx

My due date buddy! Thinking of you, all will be well! Can't wait to see a pic of your lil boy!!!

Thanks all! On my phone now....was nearly 2 cm 60% effaced ans very soft on arrival. Got gel and am getting some contractions. They r giving me a morphine mix for sleep soon and drip at 6 am.

How exciting! Hoping that your night goes smoothly and that you progress quickly! Bet you can't wait to see your little peanut :) I'll check back for updates in the morning!! Good luck!!!!!
XXOO

Good Luck Allie, your little guy will be here soon, don't worry how he gets here as long as he is safe and healthy. Thinking of you :hugs:

Good luck hon, looking forward to hearing how it goes xxx

Good luck Allie! You will do great! I can't wait to see your precious LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->