This is new...

S

Shifter

I've just started getting a shooting pain in my left breast. Anyone else had this? Should I see my MW pronto in case it's mastitis or something??

I'm not normally a panic-person, but this is freaking me out!

Hmm... didn't wanna read and run hon, but can't said I've had that... is it ur boob, or like inside? might be wind if its more chest than boob...
Hope it eases! Gotta love the aches and pains of pregnancy!!!
:hugs:

I always usually get stabby pains in one boob around period time, apparently this is normal as 'breast pain' isn't just that dull ache. But there is no harm at all in giving the mw a quick ring hun so you're not worrying x

Im always getting stabbing pains in my nips... it gets worse when im cold

I've been getting the same thing occassionally in my left breast, sort of between my arm-pit and my nipple...maybe once or twice every 3 days. I'm not particularly bothered about it at the moment as my breast looks and feels healthy otherwise and there are bound to be a few random pains while breasts are growing and getting ready for feeding. If something is really concerning you though I would always recommend that you speak to your midwife/GP just to get some reassurance and play it safe.

Lx

yes! I had that last night. But I was too lazy to start any epic quest to see the mythic midwife so I hoped it would go away. And it did. Hurrah.

I havent had it hun , But wanted to send hugs across . Hope u feel better soon . xxx .

Hun I have had this too. always the left one too!! Just happens for a few seconds then goes...x

could be a growing pain, i say ask your MW if you're worried no use feeling all worried about it if you can get someone to put your mind at ease

I could be wrong but couldnt it be something to do with milk ducts and getting ready to produce milk etc, I could be making it up :dohh:

It wouldn't surprise me if it is the preparation of milk ducts etc. I had exactly the same thing in my left breast last night. Both breasts are becoming more and more painful and I can only describe it as shooting pains.

From what I remember with #1, any stimulation - breastfeeding, sex etc - will increase the flow so it probably is your body preparing itself for the birth.

Hope it isn't too painful and goes away soon x

Thanks ladies. It only happened about 3 times yesterday afternoon, nothing since, so I won't go bothering the midwife. I'll just keep an eye out and see how it goes.

I get sharp pains that come and go very quickly. As it is so random and never lingers, I just figure it is normal and (after swearing) just get on with what I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->