This is really starting to get me down :(

w8ing4bean

Reaction score
Never thought it would take this long to get pregnant again! Considering last time was an accident and I was unaware for weeks and weeks :(

I'm sick of being told my body is still settling down...its been nearly a year! My cycles have ranged from 47 to 129 days :shrug: Have no idea if I'm ovulating yet :shrug:

AND EVERYONE AT WORK IS PREGNANT!! Including a girl in my office who I also went to school with and I love her to bits. But it hurts so much :(

I feel for you! I'm in the same situation... I got prognant a month after I came off bc, very surprised, not trying. Now 7 Months after my mc I feel like its never going to happen and am surrounded with people who it seems to come so easy for! Trying to keep positive though. Fingers crossed the New Year will bring New things for us! :dust:

I dont know how u feel hunny but just wanted to say it will happen for you again.....I know it must be so hard tho :hugs:

i feel for you hun im in a similar situation too - with the 1st pregnancy we didn't even find out until i was 12 weeks as we weren't even trying and i'd been on bc for 3 months continuous believe it or not. i dont even know how it happened but i must've been sick which made the bc not work properly. it wasnt expected so we decided to wait for a year until trying again which we did but i came off bc control shortly before the year was up and i fell pregnant right away. both have ended in mc sadly.
my cycles are still all over the place, it hasnt been that long since the last mc but i still worry sometimes that my cycles will never return to normal and we will be ttc for ages!

i know how u feel, it seems unfair that it takes so long when we want it so much:hugs:

I'm so sorry w8ing. :hugs:

Have you had a check-up since the loss? It seems that after almost a year you shouldn't be having 127 day-long cycles, especially if your cycles were regular before.
I hope you have a good support system at home. And remember, that's what this forum is for - we're all going through it together. :friends:

I'm having a pretty miserable day myself. I felt confident a couple of days ago but now I fear I've built myself up for another disappointment.
What I find most difficult about TTCAL is dealing with how much I've changed as a person. I used to have hobbies, interests and passion, but now...well, I just feel like a shell. When I'm in the 2WW (like I am now) I become entirely focused on getting that + and when it doesn't come I'm shattered. I wish I could pull myself out of it. :sad1:

I could have written your post! We got pregnant first cycle nearly a year ago, miscarried in March and have been trying since. Its horrible! I agree with you, next year I want my baby!xx

Just popped back and wanted to send you :hugs: and :dust:

Def keep on at the Dr's - by now they should be checking whether you are ov or not - it's not fair to leave you in limbo like this - some blood tests and scans should tell them whether you are or aren't.

Keep your chin up lady - you will make a fiercly wonderful mummy to a very lucky baby

hx

Thank you so much girls :) :hugs:

Anna - I know exactly what u mean about feeling like a different person, feels like my whole world revolves around ttc. which i dont really mind coz i want that bfp, but ur right it is horrible :( :hugs:

ive had bloods done which confirmed im not ovulating, scan showed nothing is wrong, and gynae gave me the "ur young and healthy" speech, and said go back when id been trying a year.

thank u hb1 - i see uve not got long to go now :)

baby dust to everyone :dust:

Well if they've confirmed your not ov'ing why aren't they looking to sort this out - grrrrrrr Surely they must see how much this means to you!! I would be demanding timescales - how long do they expect you to go on like this?

Not long for me now no - v exciting - hope to see your posts over in PAL soon!
hx

Sorry w8ing. I know how you feel. I think we mc'ed around the same time. I'm pretty sure I told you this before when you were waiting for AF, but I am going to tell you again... PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN! Tell your dr what you want!

Thank you so much girls :) :hugs:

Anna - I know exactly what u mean about feeling like a different person, feels like my whole world revolves around ttc. which i dont really mind coz i want that bfp, but ur right it is horrible :( :hugs:

ive had bloods done which confirmed im not ovulating, scan showed nothing is wrong, and gynae gave me the "ur young and healthy" speech, and said go back when id been trying a year.

thank u hb1 - i see uve not got long to go now :)

baby dust to everyone :dust:

W8ing: I found someone I can 100% relate to! I got pregnant so quickly before, we had just started trying. I was shocked by the positive test. Miscarried in February. Now, we track every single month, hit all the right days and it's almost been a year with no luck.

My doctor gave me the SAME speech "you're young & healthy". She told me stress was my problem. I know 7 pregnant girls, including my sister who announced it today. It's so hard to hear. My cycles are different from how they used to be now too, although I do ovulate regularly. My luteal phase is shorter, and my actual period only lasts for 48 hours. Again, this was blamed on stress.... :-k

Been reading up on natural therapies to trigger ov - don't know if they work but:

Vitex (Chasteberry) vitamins
Grapefruit juice
Royal Jelly ( for strong eggs apparently )
Soy Milk?
Avoid surgary stuff, stick to wholemeal and organic foods
Accupuncture

hx

To JamiePgh, shorter luteal phases sounds like a lil more than stress to me. You may not be producing enough progesterone after oving to sustain a pregnancy. A short af with light bleeding may be a sign of this to, u need progesterone withdrawl to have a proper bleed and if ur not producing enuf to withdrawl from then sustaining a pregnancy will be hard. Some "young and healthy" women need supplemental progesterone until after the placenta is formed. Ask ur doc or another doc about ur short luteal phase and mabey taking progesterone. Also pull whatever strings u can and try to get in to see a reproductive endocrinologist. They can sort out what hormones you need or dont need. And when a doc gives u that young and healthy spill, u tell them a young healthy woman would have had a baby by now, and that u have a problem that u need a young smart doctor to fix. :p Always remember that you are a customer and customer service is a part of their jobs. If u dont get the proper service move on.

Im sorry to hear that W. I mcd around the same time as you too, and Im now on my 10th month of trying. Its soul destroying.

You dont say if youve had any tests? It might be possible to shorten your cycle and strengthen the ov with meds - as hb says, you should be getting treatment for this, doesnt matter if you are young and healthy if they dont treat an obvious cycle issue

Are you temping to check for a temp rise? If you havent, please go to the dr for the hormone tests.

I feel for each of you! I'm in a similar situation as far as I got pg only the third month of trying, had a mc in March, and now nothing! I know I ov, everything else checks out okay... Fortunately, I saw an FS a few months after my mc, and I've been a few more times since then. I find it helps to get things checked out and cetain things ruled in/out and to have a plan along the way. I agree that if you can push for more answers or someone to address the issue of not ovulating, at least you will have some sort of plan which may help you feel better. Also, if you're not ovulating, there is no way to get pg so they should be helping you! Nato said it best when she said it is "soul destroying". I agree, and each month it gets harder and harder. I also notice myself fearing other people announcing pregnancies when I don't even know if they are ttc.. like my sister in law, friends at work.. it is a huge mind f*** this whole experience.. just wanted to say i can relate a bit...hang in there..

girls, i love coming on here =) :hugs: :hugs:

thank u so much to all of you. Right, my new years resolution is to get my docs to sort me out!!!! they said go back when id been trying a year, and it will have been a year in jan. im going to start temping as well.

in other news...my cousin had a baby boy this morning, and i shocked myself. I feel genuinely happy and not in the slightest bit bitter!! maybe coz i love her so much lol. i cant wait to meet him =)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS GIRLS, LETS GET THOSE NEW YEAR BFPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->