This pregnancy could last forever, and I'd be happy.

NennaKay

Hubby, two girls,and NTNP #3.
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be eager to reach the end of their pregnancies and hold their babies. And while I'm super stoked to meet my baby and snuggle her, I'm also hoping the last 6-8 weeks takes as long as possible. :shrug:

Most days I feel pretty good. Out of breath, extra achy, and it's hard to complete some tasks, but for the majority of the time I'm great. I love feeling my girl wiggle around in there and know that she's safe and loved.

I know the dynamics are going to shift when she's born and I'm unsure of how my 2.5 year old is going to handle being a big sister. I'm also afraid to do it alone. When my OH and I conceived this baby we were both ready to expand our family and had been trying for 9 months to get pregnant. But shortly before I found out I was pregnant I lost my part time job that paid $11.50/hr. I had to immediately pick up a job and found one that paid $8/hr.

Then my OH's boss randomly shut down and he lost his job. Then everything exploded when I was 21 weeks pregnant. I caught my OH in a lie that unravelled a whole host of problems and I kicked him out. He's been staying with his brother while we try to sort things out, but he will have been gone for 3 months on January 7th. I had really hoped to have things sorted by Christmas and have him moved back in... No luck though.

This baby is due in 6w1d, and I feel overwhelmed and terrified. I know I can do it alone, but I really don't want to. So I'm working two part time jobs up until delivery to make ends meet for me and both my girls. I can only take 6 weeks off,because neither of my jobs have paid time off or maternity leave, and my OH still doesn't have a job to help out.

So for now I'm enjoying the fact that I have beautiful toddler that loves me and a healthy baby cooking and hoping that she stays in there as long as possible. Gosh, I sound so selfish... :blush:

Anyway, thanks for reading, sorry to have an emotional explosion all over BnB.

:hugs: I hope you & oh find away to sort things out. So you don't have to do it alone xx

I wish i felt the same way lol i can't wait for my due date and for this baby to get out. Im miserable and have 3 other kids to look after and a house hold to run plus hubbies business stuff to help with.
We need a 7 seater car and a bigger house, its all just too stressful and overwhelming for me.
I hope you can sort things out with your DH but if not i hope you have some support to do it in your own :hugs:

Hats off to you my dear! Two part time jobs, a toddler and pregnant! I admire you. I'm such a wuss and can't handle much these days... Should take a lesson from you. Hope you can sort things out with your DH before baby arrives however I'm sure you will be just fine either way xx

Thanks ladies. I have a great support system... My family is amazing! After a calm discussion turned vicious argument today, I'm looking for a marriage counsellor to help the OH and I communicate more effectively. I hate that such an amazing time in our lives has turned into such a dramatic and horrifyingly stressful time. :cry:

It's an awesome and positive outlook like this that we all need :)

Big hugs, I hope that the marriage counselling will help :hugs:

:hugs: really hope you and your family make it through this time! Sounds like a stressful enough situation without a pregnancy in the mix :hugs2: If it helps I totally feel you because OH and I don't even know where we will be living by the time Zodi gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->