This question might be a little premature! Lol x

laurandan

Reaction score
As the title says I might be asking a little too prematurely but how quick did u plan 2nd or 3rd and so on babie after a c section! When is it safe to have another baby after a c section? Would be interested to find out when u ladies carried babies after?

I'm only 6 weeks post the birth of my little boy but we want babies quite close so wondered what ur thoughts were! I would like to wait til at least Oscar is 2 but would that be too soon?

Many thanks x

Hi. I understand the curiosity and the need to plan. I had my son via emcs Sept 2012 and am pregnant with our second child due Dec 2014. My son will be approx 2 years 3 months old then, give or take a day. So I don't think two years apart is too soon. I haven't had any complications and wasn't told by my doctor it was too soon. I think it depends mostly on how you want to deliver the next baby. If you want to attempt vbac, I think a year or more is best so you are completely healed inside and out to reduce rupture risks. Maybe bring it up to your ob/midwife.

My doctor recommended 18 months between pregnancies. The research I have read supports 18-24 months for optimum outcomes. I got pregnant 17.5 months after my EMCS (we'll just say 18), so pretty much spot on. DS will be 2 years and 2.5 months when the little one arrives (assuming I go to term).

I had an emcs due to induced labour not progressing after 4 days, I was also told on discharge due to being diabetic I need to be induced but they won't be able to induce me again due to the drugs and contradictions with my c section scar! So I will have to have another c section, which doesn't bother me. 18-24 months sounds good to go for then. I was just hoping it wasn't having to be more than that as like I said I would like babies quite close together xx

In 5 years I am having my 4th csection. My girls are 1yr and 2 weeks apart and I had no problem. My youngest turned 1 in August and I am due again in March. Doc hasn't showed any concerns at all just gotta take care of yourself. Was just told that BC of multiple csections that they must be scheduled BC of risk of tears to the uterus.

My boys are less than a year apart-both born via c-section.
Oldest born July 5, 2011 and my second born July 2, 2012. And I have another c-secretion scheduled for April 10, 2015. My doctor never really said anything to me about how long to wait...I guess I didn't think to ask :shrug:

I had an EMCS April 23rd 2013 and scheduled for a c section with this one the first week of march 2015 so 6/8 weeks short of 2 years apart. My doctor hasn't said anything about it being to close.

Hi! I found out I was expecting again seven months after having my son via c/s. I am due to give birth in April and my dr has even ok'd possibly trying for a vbac. My DS will be 1 year 3 months old. No one ever told me about waiting :) even after I told my dr at six weeks pp I was ready for the next haha.

My doctor didn't tell my I had to wait or anything for a VBAC, he just said I'd have a better chance. My subsequent research supports this, as the risk of uterine rupture goes down after 18 months. It's not hugely more before. I mostly waited for BF'ing the first, and for child spacing.

hey hun my friend just had her 2nd baby a month ago when her dd1 was only 1 and a half :)

Im expecting my 3rd in January after having ds2 via section in march 2013 xx

Well I never really asked my doctor, but I always heard that after a year your body should be fully recovered. We were almost spot on with a year this time around. Around Sept 18th I conceived and DS was born Oct 9th. So pretty close. I'll ask at my first prenatal appointment as I have to wait til 8 weeks for that.

Oh and forgot DS and this baby will be 21 months apart. (1yr and 9 months)

I had a c-section on aug 29th 2014 doctors told me I have to deliver at least one year from that date but that I should wait five to six months to get pregnant so I will be trying in jan. The ideal time line is to wait 15-18 months to deliver so most of you ladies are in the safe zone. :thumbup:

I found out I was pregnant again after 8months post csection. My two will be 17months apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->