Thise with more than one child?

T

Toms Mummy

What's it like in your house? Is it chaotic? Stressful? Lots of fighting? Or friendly? Calm? easy?.... Or a mix of both? Financially is it harder as they get older, or easier?

I have one child... I'm on the fence about having another so just looking for a bit of insight on what it is like with older children rather than babies/toddlers!

Thanks x

I have 2 girls a year apart and most time they get on great... They do bicker alot but are so close and great friends... Lo is 13 months so good as gold. They don't get any cheaper and imo expenses stay same but things they need change... I would say its sometimes chaos mainly morning and evening tobut i love it that way and by 7.30 lo is asleep girls go to room to read or watch tv and we get evening to ourselves...

My kids are 11, 8 and 1. I wouldn't describe our home as chaotic or stressful. Busy, yes, but so much fun! When a new child is born the family adapts to include them more easily than you'd expect.

I do spend more money on them as they get older, but I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to baby gear. And for the most part, my older kids' expenses are optional-- music lessons, etc.

i have two girls 4 years apart and they get on great, our house is calm mostly......but of course all children will argue and squabble at times..... my eldest started school 8 weeks after my youngest was born so i have always had lots of time with just 1 child at home most the time iykwim.......... They do get more expensive as they get older, you dont really see that until they are school age x

I have 4, 3 girls and a boy. Ages from nearly 8 to 16m. Our house is busy but actually pretty calm and I'm considering more:thumbup:

Financially I'm a SAHM so no daycare costs and hubby works fulltime. I would say the amount goes up as they get older but it is what you make it, eg extra curricular groups and what type of technologies the kids are allowed:winkwink:

I absolutely love having a bigger family:cloud9:

I have an 8 yr old daughter, 5 yr old son, and 9 day old son. My 8 and 5 year old play well together MOST of the time. They do have occasional problems. My 5 year old is a ball full of energy, and he's LOUD, but he cracks me up. The new addition has seemed to settle my 5 year old in a weird way. He loves being a big brother. I think if you have more than 1 child, you just have to accept the crazy and go with it.

Mine are 9,7, and almost 2. It is happy and chaotic. I suppose we are not the 'norm' as one child has autism and so we strugge, daily, with issues. But, they all get along, play well, help out....bu we are busy, espesially during school...there is swim club and scouts, plus I work full-time....did I mention that I am a single mom M-F too. More expensive...yes, for us. Name brand clothing, child care, after-school clubs, tutoring, swim club, scouts, vacations....but I love it!

My kids are now almost 19, 18, 14 and 12. The first two have a love hate relationship. They are exactly 11 months apart. And as Charlie, my son chose to do an optional year of school (called transition year) he and his sister were in the same year group for the last two years of school, and in many of the same classes, thus share many of the same friends. They fight sometimes, but not as much as they did a few years ago. And our younger two are also very close. Actually all three of my kids are very close with the youngest as JJ is such a loveable kid. JJ is a lover not a fighter, and it's impossible for anyone to fight with him as he never does anything to aggravate them. Their mom and I are divorced, and I have since re-married, we put our kids first in the divorce and allowed them to come and go between our two houses whenever they wanted. So a lot of the time there might be two at my ex wifes and two at mine or whatever. And if two are fighting one always goes to the opposite house. I must say our kids do get along quite well, they're not perfect, but I have seen far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->