Those of you who already have children...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by swood9, Nov 12, 2011.

1. swood9

swood9 Mom of one!

What was the one thing that you could have barely lived without while pregnant?

Or is there something that has come out since your last pg that you're so excited to use for this baby?

I just don't know what to register for and what's a waste of money!

2. swood9

swood9 Mom of one!

bump? no one?

3. Onemoretime5

Onemoretime5 Mother of 6 and loving it

Belly and foot rubs, but those are free lol

as for what to have for baby, I cant stress enough the invaluability of a swing! swings are a god send really.

4. BleedingBlack

BleedingBlack Well-Known Member

Swings, Onesies, and tons of blankets!

5. emera35

emera35 Well-Known Member

Good swaddling blankets, and my baby sling, he could be snuggled up next to me whilst i washed up etc its going to be even more useful this time round when i need my hands free to deal with a toddler! Oh, and a pregnancy support pillow, mine made a great feeding pillow afterwards, which was invaluable in those first unsure weeks! Also a white noise CD was very useful to start with, then some nice soothing music later on. :flower:

6. Sew_Sweet

Sew_Sweet Well-Known Member

while pregnant - body pillow! couldn't afford one the first time. got it RIGHT AWAY this time.

for baby - swing - baby carrier/sling! (and you'll need a ton of burp rags)

7. maythisbelove

maythisbelove Well-Known Member

me - body pillow
    baby - flannel type blankets and swing

8. addie140910

addie140910 Well-Known Member

I do not have kids yet, but have been taking care of children since I was very young, and now I am pregnant so I finally get a chance to have my own little one. <3

I defiantly agree on registering for a lot of swaddling blankets, burp cloths, and onesies. We did not do a baby registry because we are in a different country now, but thankfully my grandma is sending us some of the above listed things.

I also think a swing is amazing, but if you cannot afford a swing (we will not be able to afford one until a couple months after baby is born) Bouncers work amazing too. The one we are getting vibrates, and sings soothing music. You can also gently bounce the baby. Here is the link to the one I am getting, but they make them in all different types.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Winnie-the-Pooh-Bouncer/13911230

Goodluck!

9. DollPosse

DollPosse Well-Known Member

For the baby a swing, and some really awesome swaddle blankets. Those saved my life and my child's. lol

For me pregnancy pillows. Please, please, please get one! Life is just better with. lol

10. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

For baby, LOTS of muslins, cloth nappies, a good quality fabric sling (this time I'm having a wrap and a ring sling,) baby gros and vests, a changing mat and that's about all that was essential for me.

11. sandilion

sandilion Well-Known Member

Done! Next pay i will, at the moment i am using a pillow between my legs when i sleep and it's annoying!

12. swood9

swood9 Mom of one!

Thanks! I have a snoogle body pillow but I don't use it much. I'm going to have to, it's getting more uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach and that's the only way I sleep!

13. Onemoretime5

Onemoretime5 Mother of 6 and loving it

I LOVE my snoogle! I loved it sooo much that I have one for the bedroom and one for the living room. It has been a God send as I cant get comfortable anymore.