Those that had to wait till 12/13 weeks for your 1st scan

Reedy

Outnumbered x
Reaction score
I havent had a scan yet, its on tuesday I'll be almost 13 weeks x
For those of you that havent had a scan yet either have you worried that well.........they wont be able to see anything & that it was all in your head & your not pregnant at all????
Sounds stupid but I cant stop thinking about it x Just wish tuesday would hurry up & come around x

Anyone else feel this way or is it just me going crazy :blush:

My god yes! I have my scan on tuesday too and I'll be nearly 14 weeks - I told my hubby yesterday that I was worried about MMC etc and to be honest, if my bump is all in my head then life is really cruel. We're just trying not to get too excited or down....just keeping an open mind and hoping to see 1 (or maybe even 2!) little ones waving at us.
Good Luck for Tuesday xx

Im the same, have my scan on thursday and am terrified that there wont be a baby in there and that its all just been in my head.
Am staying positive and cant help getting excited and so is OH

I don't think having one helps, I just got worried at my early scan and now I'm worried there will be a problem at my next scan.

I had EXACTLY the same thing. I had my scan on friday and I was 13 weeks and 2 days, I was convinced they'd do the scan and then go "er, I dunno why you think you're pregnant love, cos there's nothing in there :S". but trust me there will be a gorgeous little baby in there waving at you on the screen :)

same here, mine is 20th may i decided not to have an early scan, only cos, whats the point? Youmight have a healthy bub at 8 weeks, then nothing at 13, so....it doesnt make a difference as i see it.
Like you im very very worried......

Just wanted to wish u ladies the best of luck for tuesday!!!:hugs:

I have mine next monday, i've got mixed emotions, happy and shitting a brick!!!

me too, i have my scan on wednesday ill be 13w3d, im really nervous about it. but also excited as finally, if all is well, I will have a pic of the LO.
Good luck for tuesday and everyone else who is having scans this week xx

I am exactly the same. I have my NT scan on Thursday, I will be exactly 12 weeks. I am real worried about what they will see on the screen! I am trying to be positive that there IS a baby in there and is doing good! I had gastric flu last week - it lasted a whole week, so I am scared that it might have affected the baby :(

When I was pregnant with my son 12 years ago I was a terrified 18 year old. I was convinced I was going to miscarry, I was convinced there would be no baby on the scan, I was convinced I would either die during labor or my baby would die. After my beautiful son was born I was convinced he would die of cot death (I spend the first year of his life poking him every 10 minutes while he slept).

Now I am a mature 30 year old married woman :rofl: and all the time I was ttc I was convinced I would handle my pregnancy with a secure knowledge that everything would be fine..... YEAH RIGHT!! I'm a wreck :dohh:

I think we all have the same feelings..... I also think we are all going to have beautiful bundles of joy to marvel at before this year is over :hugs:

Yeah I'm exactly the same! I met the midwife the other day and I kept thinking 'how does she know I'm really pregnant? What if it's all just in my head?' Still have a week and a half to wait till my scan too.

My scan is tomorrow (Monday), and I'm still joking that the scan will show whether there genuinely is a baby, or whether this has been a long and bad case of trapped wind ...

I'm glad it is normal ladies!

I was worried that I was being silly, I'm nowhere near my scan date, I haven't even had my first MW appt yet! It doesn't stop me from wondering if I've dreamt it all!

my scan is 7th may and i keep thinking and dreaming "what if theres nothing there"

i have got my scan on wednesday, even though i had a scan over 2 weeks ago and everythin is fine, i am worried that they r gna say somethin is wrong

Thank you so much girls for making me feel normal again & to know I'm not the only one who thinks like that x

I'll post my pic on tuesday x x x

I agree that even if you have an early scan you are reassured for a short time but then you go back to worrying what you'll see (or not see) at the next scan...and so on! It seems like it is never-ending :dohh:

I got super nervous at my first U/S this past Tuesday but when I seen my little bean in there and its heart beating away all my fears melted away and I was truly happy. I know it all feels so surreal until you see your little baby in there but you have to be patient keep a positive frame of mind. Good luck at your scans and make sure if you can to post pics. :)

My scan is tomorrow (Monday), and I'm still joking that the scan will show whether there genuinely is a baby, or whether this has been a long and bad case of trapped wind ...
Just to confirm ... it wasn't trapped wind! There's definitely a baby in there!

I don't get a scan until 18 weeks here so I am really nervous because I can't wait that long obviously to start telling people, which we already have begun. I am really worried about finding out I miscarried after telling everyone before seeing an ultrasound.

I do however get to hear the heartbeat at 13 weeks (hopefully), but by then we will have told everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->