Those using withdrawal method..........

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
Do you class yourself as WTT or NTNP? I'm aware that it's not the best form of BC so I class me and DH as somewhere in the middle (we're getting more and more lax on it) and we're planning on rying soon - but I'm just not sure where I belong.

I got my calculations wrong earlier in the month (and weren't as careful as we could have been) and have been having tons of symptoms (only 5/6 dpo so more likely to be psychosematic) so DH and I have been having lots of lovely chats about how it's a bit early but if I was it'd be lovely lol.

We know DH's :spermy:s are strong (his ex got PG a month into rellie - they were only 17 - long horrible story that messed DH up for a long time) so we're now mostly hoping that they're very strong and that we get a :bfp: but will be being careful for the rest of this cycle as we're not quite planning to stop preventing just yet.

So are there any other people using the pull out method and do you class yourself as NTNP (even though it is prevention of sorts) or WTT?

Oh and hi! I'm Jennie, I'm 23 and today is my 6 year non wedding anniversary with DH xxx

My hubby and I use the rhythm method and the pull out method, so I say we aren't trying and not really preventing. Everyone says the pull out method isn't a form of birth control! haha. Of course, when you actually want a "oopsie" the pull out method works every time. Psh.

Hey! My name's Jenny too :) I'm 25. Congratulations on your 6 years together!

We are using the pull out method for another couple of weeks until hopefully I get my first period after coming off the pill. The timing wouldn't be perfect now, but I would not be sad at all if it happened a bit early!

If it's done perfectly every time, the withdrawal method can actually be a reliable form of contraception.
If you're doing it to the letter (urinating after every ejaculation, ejaculating at least 15cm away from the vagina, etc etc etc), I'd call it WTT or preventing. If you're being a bit risky, then it's more like NTNP, I think. :)

We're somewhere in the middle I think. Hi July 28th - always nice to meet a fellow Jenny! We would quite like an "oops" as DH finds it difficult to say "yes lets stop preventing" but says he'd be really happy if it just happened. Shame your uterus doesn't know who wants a bub and who doesn't - it'd be awesome if it happened that way!

If it's done perfectly every time, the withdrawal method can actually be a reliable form of contraception.
If you're doing it to the letter (urinating after every ejaculation, ejaculating at least 15cm away from the vagina, etc etc etc), I'd call it WTT or preventing. If you're being a bit risky, then it's more like NTNP, I think. :)

Nicely put. Completely agree.

I'd probably say you were NTNP because your not trying but there is always a chance you could get pregnant using the withdrawal method because of the small amount of sperm in precum, there is only a small amount but still enough for there to be a risk and therefore mean your not really preventing pregnancy :) x

There is only sperm in pre-cum if the man hasn't passed urine since his last orgasm.

Hi Jennie, me and Bf are doing the same and we class ourselves as WTT, but i guess it is NTNP too! It isnt really an ideal time for us as we havent been together that long (about a year) and we dont live together so i would rather wait. Sometimes he doesnt even pull out but i've been on the depo and my periods havent returned after coming off so i doubt im ovulating x

DH and I have been using this method for the past 8 years in combination with condoms, but we are going through a whoops and I realised that I am actually excited by the prospect of being PG! after a lengthy talk (10 mins over a beer and curry) he agrees and would actually like to be 'TTC', who'd have thought.

my DS and DD were ooops babies so would be a real treat to actually plan a bub x

AF due on sunday FX.

Glad to have found this forum, i was begining to panic after reading some of the other ones!

heres good luck to all xx

if you are wondering why I am FX AF starts on Sunday, (i know its an odd wish) its so we can start trying 'officially' soooooooooooooo excitied.

on the other hand though would still be great if it stays away x

Technically we're WTT until January, but we also use a combo of condoms and withdrawal, although this month saw hardly any condoms, only withdrawal - including over ov time which is when we're normally careful to use condoms. So technically i class us as WTT, but although we're not trying, we're not doing a very good job at preventing either.

We r the same! Use cdms but on and off. More recently just got lax! This month dtd when ov! Oops. Will try to wait for another month or so tho!
Still on probation at work til dec!
So I browse both the wtt and ntnp forums! And this month the 2ww !!!!

DH and I have been on the pull out method for about 5 years now.... seems to be working as we classify ourselves as WTT... only 1 slip up with the method in the 5 years (but wasn't around ov time so that was good) :)

I'm not quite sure where we are now, DH seems to decide from :sex: to :sex: whether we're WTT or NTNP :shrug:

LoL - I tend to call it NTHP - Not Trying, Hardly Preventing :D - seems to describe it better :winkwink:

that's probably about right actually. The last time we :sex: before Ov was a week before and we didn't prevent and then after Ov we didn;t either so meh lol. How are you today? xx

I'm ok. Grumpy and wondering where on earth AF is.

Saturday/Sunday just passed. Did a test sunday afternoon but very definite bfn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->