Those who are TTC Nº1, do you worry about...

Spain is actually a good place to TTC being 35 + Its not at all common to have kiddies when you are 20, people usually wait until they have everything under control first (house, career...). Of course, not everyone waits, but many do.

That is very true, us the Spanish, work on our career and make sure that we have all money matters sorted before TTC. There is a danger to this though, we are not having children!!
None of my family, myself and my cousins are all in our 30s and none have kids. There are no little ones in my family :cry: well yet...
Wow it doesn´t feel like that to me, when I go to Figueres, (nearest bigish town to me) it feels like everyone is either pregnant or has a pushchair! I know Içm sesitvie to it but seriously I think they are putting something in the water. Although you maybe right Calm about it being a good place to get pregnant over 35 because my doctor didn´t seem at all worried about my age, told me I had years left and not to worry. (I´m 38.)

Spain is actually a good place to TTC being 35 + Its not at all common to have kiddies when you are 20, people usually wait until they have everything under control first (house, career...). Of course, not everyone waits, but many do.

That is very true, us the Spanish, work on our career and make sure that we have all money matters sorted before TTC. There is a danger to this though, we are not having children!!
None of my family, myself and my cousins are all in our 30s and none have kids. There are no little ones in my family :cry: well yet...
Wow it doesn´t feel like that to me, when I go to Figueres, (nearest bigish town to me) it feels like everyone is either pregnant or has a pushchair! I know Içm sesitvie to it but seriously I think they are putting something in the water. Although you maybe right Calm about it being a good place to get pregnant over 35 because my doctor didn´t seem at all worried about my age, told me I had years left and not to worry. (I´m 38.)

Yes in Spain that is very common, doctors look at you as if you are mad if you mention age (I am 35), and say there is plenty of time. We will just have to believe them and get on with BD.:happydance:

I lurch back and forth between - want a baby want a baby want baby and how on earth would I cope with a BABY!!!!

Yes in Spain that is very common, doctors look at you as if you are mad if you mention age (I am 35), and say there is plenty of time. We will just have to believe them and get on with BD.:happydance:

That is true, docotors in Spain have no issues with age. I think they are just used to the fact that people conceive at a later age.
My doctor in Spain was very positive, while over here in the Uk they told me I would be considered a "geriatric mother" HOW THEY DARE!!!!!!!! Geriatric at the age of 36!!!!!!

I know, there is certainly a cultural difference. In England its quite normal to have a couple of kids before you are 21, in Spain they would have thought you were mad if you did the same. I actually remember a schoolmate having a couple of kids while I was still at uni, I remember feeling real pity for her, I am sure she was quite happy though! Anyway, we are not past it, we still have periods and have bodies made for making babies :D Baby dust to us all !!!!! XXX

I can't wait for a little kick either! Hey, were you born in 76? I was :)[/QUOTE]

'76 Birthed some AMAZING women, huh??[/QUOTE]

... me too !!!! it sure did .. lol :thumbup:

It terrifies me. I am not a good gambler. However, once I commit to something I'm in it for the long haul. It's scary. Change is always scary.

im a '76 baby too, and yes i agree 76 babies are pretty cool :winkwink:

i worry about my sleep! i love my sleep.
i worry about the bilingual nature of my child's upbringing. added to that, schooling...i would like my child to be educated back home in the uk. i worry about my child being singled out as different (hence i will be very careful with name choices).
i'm embarrassed to say i worry about the cosmetic aspects of having a baby now too but i suppose it's a small price to pay for a little bundle of joy.

I fear a lot of things, the first one not being able to have a child at all. I am terrified about the thought of never becoming a mother. Then I fear more pregancy losses and if I do manage to conceive, my child not being healthy.

In the past I wanted my own space, work, spend time with my friends, hobbies, do things, travel. Now, although it would be a massive change in my life, I would give it all up, for having that little baby in my arms.

Quite a weird feeling for me as I have alwasy been a free soul in the past, no ties, no commitments... Must be age lol!!

i feel you hun :hugs: x

im a '76 baby too, and yes i agree 76 babies are pretty cool :winkwink:

i worry about my sleep! i love my sleep.
i worry about the bilingual nature of my child's upbringing. added to that, schooling...i would like my child to be educated back home in the uk. i worry about my child being singled out as different (hence i will be very careful with name choices).
i'm embarrassed to say i worry about the cosmetic aspects of having a baby now too but i suppose it's a small price to pay for a little bundle of joy.

That's another worry, bilingualism :dohh: When I was doing my PhD I read a bit into that, and I plan to buy some books when/if pregnant about the best ways to address it. At the moment DH and me have started speaking English all the time instead of Spanish. Kids and teenagers often rebel against other languages and it can be a right pain, but I really want my child to be able to speak English. XXX

I grew up bilingual....There is nothing to worry about....just speak English when at home....

I grew up bilingual....There is nothing to worry about....just speak English when at home....

I grew up bilingual myself, but my circumstances were different of what a possible LO would be. I only spoke English til I was 10 and was brought up in England. Then in Spain I learnt Spanish, and in many ways its my first language now. We always spoke English at home though. People used to think it was really ignorant how we would speak in English, but we all felt very uncomfortable doing anything else.

My plan is: We will always speak English at home, dvds in English and other stimuli as in educational toys and books. But I know my DH won't want to speak English in front of other people, so in company it will have to be Spanish (people won't able to call us rude then either). Maybe the rule will be: When 3 alone at home: always English. I don't think my DH would want to speak English in public either (he is very shy), and it would also isolate LO from other kids and mummys in a park for example. The thing is, in Spain you have to help kids with their homework, and that is going to be all in Spanish, so I will have to speak Spanish then. I will certainly read into it, I bet there is great literature on the subject now with loads of tips and strategies. I also wonder, what about stories/education toys in Spanish, surely they will need all of that too?

The good thing is DH and I are speaking English all the time now, getting quite used to it. :D

That's the second watermelon I have seen in this thread, is there a secret code going on here? :D

September was watermelon month. When September is dead you can move on to October which is pumpkin month :haha::haha::haha:

I always wanted a child who was bilingual. The BF speaks some Afrikaans but not huge amounts any more but I will make him teach it that if I get pg either that or I will hire a chinese helper :haha::haha:

I grew up being bylingual as well. Well tri lingual with Catalan. It it actually really good for kids to be brought up speaking different languages.

When we have kids they will be brought up in different languages, I will speak Spanish, My OH English and they can learn Welsh or Catalan if they want to.

My mother, when we moved to Spain, worried that I would not learn Spanish, so she stopped speking in English! I had to learn it in school or when visiting my family in Manchester.

Now, as I live in Wales English is easier for me, however I do teach Spanish at the University. It is weird, but great, when you grow up with various languages, it does bring you more opportunities in the work aspect.

I grew up being bylingual as well. Well tri lingual with Catalan. It it actually really good for kids to be brought up speaking different languages.

When we have kids they will be brought up in different languages, I will speak Spanish, My OH English and they can learn Welsh or Catalan if they want to.

My mother, when we moved to Spain, worried that I would not learn Spanish, so she stopped speking in English! I had to learn it in school or when visiting my family in Manchester.

Now, as I live in Wales English is easier for me, however I do teach Spanish at the University. It is weird, but great, when you grow up with various languages, it does bring you more opportunities in the work aspect.

I have Galician too (how could I forget another language!?) I did some teaching at uni but it was English, stopped doing all that when I met DH though and went to teaching at schools. I see you have your pumpkin out too Sus! XXX

Wow, Galician! beautiful language!

Yep! September is dead for me as AF got me last week so I joined the girls with the pumpkin!:winkwink:

I still teach English, just not at uni, I teach in an academy, prep for the cambridge exams. I didn't know the pumpkin /watermelon had anything to do with having AF, I am a bit clueless with this, sorry the witch caught you, we will have to tip water on her like Dorothy did XXX

I still teach English, just not at uni, I teach in an academy, prep for the cambridge exams. I didn't know the pumpkin /watermelon had anything to do with having AF, I am a bit clueless with this, sorry the witch caught you, we will have to tip water on her like Dorothy did XXX

It's a seasonal joke, lol.

It started out as a vodka soaked melon, but not everyone appreciated the humor. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->