Those who had stitches

baileybubs

Reaction score
Just wondering how long you carried on taking 2 baths a day for? I'm feeling a lot less pain now and wondering when I can cut down to just 1 bath a day as it's becoming hard trying to fit 2 in!

Hey, congrats!!

I only took one bath a day and I think I stopped that after about 8/9 days as it was getting to be annoying!!

If you are not feeling as tender then just do it for a few more days even just in the evening. Its so busy with 2 even the thoughts of having to bath twice a day is to much effort!! x

Are you talking about tearing stitches? Sorry, but I didn't take any baths after my stitches. Healed fine.

I didn't take any baths either and my stitches have healed up fine. I wad never told to.

I was told not to take baths after my stitches and I healed just fine

I was just advised to take 2 showers or baths a day to keep the wound clean and help it heal better. I've been putting lavender oil in my baths as the MW suggested to help it heal too. I'm still a bit tender so think I'll continue with at least a bath a day instead of a shower for a few more days. I suppose once df goes back to work I might not get chance for many more baths anyway!

On another note how long did it sting to pee for? My ds is 9 days old now and it's still so painful, I squirt water down there when I go but it's hard to angle it lol!

Baileybubs I was worried about the stinging too but mine eased off at about 2 weeks x

Oh I hope so fleur, it's just getting plain annoying now lol!

I had a 2nd degree tear and wasn't given any advice about baths so didn't have any just showered or washed daily.

Just make sure if u have pain any longer to see ur dr. I had a second degree tear and mine didn't heal all the way ...it opened up again. So here I am 7 weeks postpartum going to the dr weekly for her to check it. She's been putting a chemical on it to get it to close up. Hurts like hell. So I still use the bottle when I pee...and two baths a day. :(

Thanks birdlee I'll keep an eye on it. I've got the MW coming today for her last visit so will ask her to have a look and see if it looks like it's healing ok.

I had a third degree tear and stitches across my bum cheek :(
I showered in the morning and bathed at night, it took 3weeks for it to feel better. They had to cut the stitches on my bum because I couldn't sit properly. I used savlon and sea salt and I put witch hazel on my pads. But I was so surprised at how well it healed and I started healing down their quick and all well now.

I had a 3rd degree tear, I think i kept up the bathing or showering twice a day for approx 2 weeks.

Hmm, I had internal stitches (I guess I tore on the inside), so I can't even see the stitches. I never took any baths and I think everything healed just fine. :shrug: I have my PP appointment next Monday, so I know then if I'm healed 100% or not. But I fine pretty OK down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->