Those who successfully did PUPD! (Or anybody else.)Please please help.

I am doing the exact same thing as Mrs RC using babysleepanswers. We did PUPDCD for 5 days with good success but by day 5 Ollie was anticipating it and would try to sleep on my shoulder and then cry on the down (cheeky monkey!) The mentor that I spoke to on the site suggested doing 10 mins CD/5 mins sitting beside him hand on his tummy. This is working beautifully and we are now on day 8 and he self settles with no worries. He is so much happier for more sleep and has the energy to learn to crawl now!

I highly recommend the site and buying the book. It's not a gimmick.

In answer to your questions. It sounds like what you did worked. I believe that we can stop our babies self settling by not giving them a chance to try it for themselves and this can be done with minimal tears as you have experienced. You may find he can do it now and you should definitely continue.

Answering your last q. I would be consistent for bed and naps.

There's some very helpful info in this thread, thanks for taking the time to post. LO did not respond well to PU/PD when we tried, just worked him up further. I know do PU/PD when he's just fallen to sleep in my arms as that works better. But I might give it another go once we are out of this sleep regression as he's getting a bit too heavy for me to comfortably rock/hold
him to sleep!

i wouldnt let him fall asleep on you, because eventually that will be the only way he'll reconise its sleep time and wont self settle. PUPD is about self settling, your LO knowing your right there when he needs him but at the same time, that the crib is the place to be going to sleep.

Another quick Q! Will he not get confused if I am rocking him for naps and not at night?xx

dont rock to sleep. rock till hes sleepy, drowsy. and if your doing it for naps or bedtime do it for both. or dont do it at all. otherwise it'll just create confusion. be consistant with your routines.

sorry you are saying it doesn't work... have you tried cosleeping?

Co-sleepig would be fine when it's just me and LO, but DH is a very heavy sleeper so when he is home I defo would't risk having LO in bed with us.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->