Those with a coil fitted...

porkypig

Reaction score
please tell me your experiences of it. Im thinking about going on it but not sure. xx

i have the copper one (non-hormonal) ive had it four months its fab no problems with it at all my periods arent heavy im really happy with it

I had used the mirena for 7 years. pretty much no periods and it was just stress free and easy ...

The only issue has been getting cycle back to normal now its out... but if you are not planning anymore LO's for a little while, i'd highly recommend it!

I humed and had about getting the coil and I decided it was the best option for me, however in my case things didnt go to plan.

It was very long and painful to insert (I havent naturally given birth so this was part of the problem) but then I was in severe pain for days and thought this cant be right, got checked out to find that I had a very bad infection (caught from fitting the coil), that was 6 weeks ago and im still in agony. Going back to docs on Tuesday for more tests!

Not very pleasant but wanted to share!

I humed and had about getting the coil and I decided it was the best option for me, however in my case things didnt go to plan.

It was very long and painful to insert (I havent naturally given birth so this was part of the problem) but then I was in severe pain for days and thought this cant be right, got checked out to find that I had a very bad infection (caught from fitting the coil), that was 6 weeks ago and im still in agony. Going back to docs on Tuesday for more tests!

I have a mirena coil..................... love it
no periods
no problems
no infections

to prevent the above, the dr or nurse usually does swabs and gets the results before hand to check that there's no infection there

(sorry sapphire you are having troubles :hugs: )

also conceived the first month after having it removed

xxx

you see, i dont like the idea of not having any periods. I really dont know what to do.
Kittenly, i think we want to start trying again in the summer (2011) so i dont know whether to hold out or not. Im sooo confused!!! xx

you see, i dont like the idea of not having any periods. I really dont know what to do.
Kittenly, i think we want to start trying again in the summer (2011) so i dont know whether to hold out or not. Im sooo confused!!! xx

have the copper coil, that doesn't affect fertility and doesn't stop periods

xxx

have the copper coil, that doesn't affect fertility and doesn't stop periods

xxx

is that the non-hormonal one? i think maybe this one might suit me xx

I have the mirena coil, the pills made me have morning sickness, now I don't mind if I have morning sickness if I was pregnant but refused to enjoy it while not. And i kept forgetting to take the pill !!!

My coil insertion wasn't great, my cervix went into shock which happens, BP went down low and nearly threw up. But having said all that 12hrs later, had a nagging period like pain but week on, feel great. Don't feel sick at all.

Im not planning on another little one for about 3yrs, so best option. Ferility returns to 'normal' as soon as its removed.

If you don't like the idea of hormones then go for the copper coil instead.

IUD - Non hormone one
IUS - Hormone one (Mirena)

I have a mirena coil..................... love it
no periods
no problems
no infections

to prevent the above, the dr or nurse usually does swabs and gets the results before hand to check that there's no infection there

(sorry sapphire you are having troubles :hugs: )

also conceived the first month after having it removed

xxx

Thanks, I didnt have an infection before I got the coil fitted, I had all the tests done, I contracted the infection from the fitting of the coil!

I have heard great things about it hence why I went for it.

Have mirena- no probs getting it put in, light periods, can be sick with hangover without contraception being compromised, fertility returns to normal immediately (I conceivd straight after having it out). xx

Have mirena- no probs getting it put in, light periods, can be sick with hangover without contraception being compromised, fertility returns to normal immediately (I conceivd straight after having it out). xx

White Lilly... out of interets how soon after having the mirena out did you conceive? I have had mine out for 5 weeks, no sign of AF but no BFP either? :dohh:

Sorry for the delay- I had it removed in Sep and conceived at the end of October. Had used protection in Sep though!xx

i had the coil [ marena] and i have a very very light period every month, but i had really strange ones before i had it. Its fab, best thing i have ever done! im pretty sure i would be pregnant right now if i hadnt had it [which would of been a huge mistake!]. Toke about 10mins to put in, just uncomfy but nothing major! i didnt need and pain reflief ect and im a hugeeee wuss! i have numbing cream for blood tests lol.

how does the copper coil prevent a pregnancy? :flower:

it stops eggs being able to attatch to the wall, it makes it "unhabbitable" x

i know this sounds thick, but does that mean that the egg can actually get fertilised but just doesnt attach itself to the lining of your womb? is this like a chemical pregnancy? what about miscarriage? im CONFUSED!! xx

no it cant get fertilised, ithink it stops the egg coming down aswell and the ones that do come down it stops them attaching themselfs

thanks you, i need to read up on this as i wouldnt be happy having it if they are fertilised eggs that are not attaching themselves xx

i didnt think baout it like that, its probs not best too! but tbh if i was that worried i wouldnt have it in and would be pregnant, i would much prefer to do this then worry every month if im pregnant or not x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->