Those with Ikea train track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
LO has lots of the Ikea wooden train tracks and the quality is great but the range of accessories is rubbish. The newer ikea track doesn't seem to join up properly with other brands - the 'male' connector of the Ikea track is bigger than on other brands, so although that part can be squeezed into the other brands to make a very firm joint, the 'female' part of the Ikea track is just far too big for other connectors. So the connection works OK at one end but not the other, IYSWIM. Admittedly I've only tried it with brands that have the peg-and-ball type fitting, not the ones where the whole track is a cut from single piece, but looking online it seems they are much the same. The male connectors of the Tesco track we have doesn't even touch the sides of the Ikea one! (I'm aware this all sounds a bit phallic :haha: )

I want to get LO a lifting bridge, engine shed, cargo crane, level crossing etc for xmas but I don't want to spend a fortune replacing the rest of his track to go with them, as we're otherwise happy with the Ikea stuff. I'm wondering if there's some way I could glue the Ikea track to these accessories so they won't come apart? Or maybe get some of the mini track pieces from bigjigs, glue THEM to a few pieces of the Ikea track to make some 'connector' pieces? I have no idea what I would need to use to glue them together.

It's driving me mad - I just want to get him a blummin engine shed! Typical ikea!

Glueing sounds tricky, and it would make the pieces hard to store. If you have a lot of IKEA track I would just stick with their range tbh. Or replace it all. I have tesco, toys r us, bigjigs and brio and all work perfectly together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"