Thought for sure I would have 1 girl.

momofmisters

Reaction score
I had my last little boy 6wks ago tomorrow. I love him to pieces. He is my 3rd boy. My other boys are 5 and 2.5 years old. But I can't help but feel lost that I have 3 boys.....I always pictured myself with a daughter. I always wanted a boy as well but a girl too. I pictured doing girly things while the boys did their thing with dad...pictured her brothers protecting her...doing her hair..buying dresses and such. I thought for sure my last baby would be a little girl. I thought this last baby would be it our last baby...but now I can't help but feel like someone is missing. I know its silly to keep having babies to try for a girl at least my head tells me that...but my heart says whats one more!. I know if Mason had been a girl I wouldn't be having anymore.

For those who have been thru this does the lost feeling ever go away?

Aww hun big hugs to you xxxx I know exactly how you are feeling. I've just had my second Boy and was convinced it would be a Girl. My GD has never really gone away, I thought It had gone when he was born but it has started to creep up on me again. I just love him to bits and happy now that I had another Boy, but I can't shake the feeling that I need to have my Girl.
You are right, we just can't put ourselves through it again because we want our little princesses, but the feelings just won;t go away.
Did you sway this time?. We are trying once more starting this Sept and going to try and sway Pink xxxx

Hi there. I found out the other week I'm having my 4th boy. This is my first gender disappointment experience. I was fine with having 3 boys because I knew there were more babies to come. Now there is a chance this is our last, maybe not, so it became important to have a girl. I always wanted boys, at least 2 or 3 boys. But I figured there would be a girl in there somewhere as well. If this baby had been a girl I think we would have stopped. Our plan was for 5 babies, then when I got pregnant this time DH said 4 was enough. I would have been happy with that if this was a girl. But I just don't feel my family is complete, so I'm trying to get him to agree to 1 last try so we can sway. If I get a 5th boy after swaying I will know I gave it my best shot and that I was just meant to have boys and I will stop at 5 no matter what. I just can't give up and keep thinking "what if I had done this or that".
I struggled from 12 weeks (when I had an obvious boy nub on my scan) to 16 weeks when I accepted it would be a boy and suddenly felt better. I had a scan at 16 week and they confirmed he is a boy. I was fine at the time but have had a couple of bad days since. I don't know if it ever goes away.
I'm guessing that eventually you make peace with what you were given but there will be the odd pang when something happens that you could only really experience with the gender you didn't get.

Aww bless you Hun my friend really wants a girl to but has only been blessed with 3 boys her dh is adimant their not having another one and she's struggling with the whole what if that 4th baby is my little girl. I think if you dh is fine with having a 4th then I say do it :) or I think you may think the 'what ifs' for years to come.

I really hope you get your little girl :hugs:

Hi I found out I'm having my 5th boy last week and I really wanted a girl but I think if they said at my 20wk scan oh it's a girl I would be gutted as bought loads of boys stuff I thought I would be more bothered about it being a boy but I wasn't boys are great and as my mam said the other day you could go on and on and end up with 10 boys so I'm stopping at 5 and hopefully I get a few granddaughters that I can do the girly thing with xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->