thought i was being induced this week

oldmamamia

Reaction score
so i went for my weekly consultant appointment yesterday and they were supposed to give me an exact date for induction which they had said would be at the end of this week or the start of next but my usual consultant is on holiday for 2 wks so i had to see another one. She was really abrubt, not even sure if she had read all my notes, didnt listen to H.B or measure tum or anything just said not to worry and to come back at 40wks+4 to make a labour plan! i told her that my consultant didnt want me going passed 39wks due to my thyroid problems and all the results from my 6 growth scans and that it was going to be a consultant led labour with the peaditrians standing by to take baby to special care for tests and she replied that she didnt know anything about that ( its written all over my notes!!!!!!) said she would talk to my consultant when he gets back which puts me at 39wks 4days.
Also when she did eventually ask me how i was feeling and i said absoultly exhausted and fed up she replied"wait to you have the baby then you'll really know what tired is!!!!" felt so insulted ive already had 2 kids and am stepmum to 4... i bloody know how tiring it is thankyou.

Went out and sat in car crying, how can she have the power to change all the plans my consultant has laid down? i got angry when i got home and phoned unit to moan and to say i needed to see another consultant asap and recepionist said they are really busy and no one available til 1st June so ive taken an appointment for then, going to call my m.w today aswell and see what she thinks, im gutted as id pinned my hopes on having my baby this week and set up all my childcare plans etc.

FED UP!!!!!!!!!! :growlmad:

I a sorry you were messed around and I agree the consultant should have read your notes properly and certainly not gone against what had already been agreed.

I hope you get sorted soon x

I'm so sorry hun... you have every right to be completely frustrated!!! This new doctor should NOT have changed everything around on you... period. I hope you get some better answers at your next appt!!!

:hugs:

How frustrating!! I am so sorry you had to go through all that. Hopefully you get some satisfactory answers soon!! :hugs:

spoke to midwife who was very cross on my behalf, said she knows all the consultants at the hospital and she'd never heard of the one i saw yesterday, she's going to phone them back for me and try and get things moving in the right direction so at least ive got her on my side, ive been having contractions all afternoon and really painful backache and i just feel different today so maybe i wont even need the induction! keep your fingers crossed this is the start of things .

spoke to midwife who was very cross on my behalf, said she knows all the consultants at the hospital and she'd never heard of the one i saw yesterday, she's going to phone them back for me and try and get things moving in the right direction so at least ive got her on my side, ive been having contractions all afternoon and really painful backache and i just feel different today so maybe i wont even need the induction! keep your fingers crossed this is the start of things .

Good luck, honey. And I am so glad you called the midwife as well. Hopefully, she will get you someone who will look at you and not just Random Pregnant Patient #345.

:hugs:

Eeek good luck x

I was going to rant and rave on your behalf hon, but given you're having contractions today, I'll focus on that instead.

Here's hoping it's the start of everything for you and like you say, no need for induction.

Keep us posted as much as you can - gawd we're so demanding in here aren't we :haha: obviously concentrate on you and babba but look forward to hearing in the coming days great news of your newbord :) :hug:

spent the whole of last night with contractions every 7 to 9 mins and really bad back ache but everythings come to a grinding halt now!

Oh no!! Do you reckon it might have been babba saying "it's okay mamma, don't worry about this silly bint that scuppering our plans, I won't wait until then, just want to stay a little longer as I'm soooo comfy in here?"

:rofl:

Okay, I'll get my coat :blush:

Hope the situation from yesterday isn't stressing you too much - have you heard back from your midwife again?

No posts, I'm hoping this means you've gone into labour hon.

You're in my thoughts lots just now :) x

hi fallen angel, no nothing happening!!! ive been in pain with contractions last few nights now and finding it impossible to sleep, on the loo loads and horrible backache but as soon as i get up with the kids in the morning it all goes away, walked round town for 2 hrs today and really feel uncomfortable, had a little sleep and just going back out for school run, dont know what to think, im obviously moving closer to labour just hoping its sooner rather than later, you girls will be the 1st to know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->