Thought I'll ask again..

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Seen as though there are always new members or maybe someone missed my last thread I am still desperately trying to get my LO into his own bed from sleeping with me in mine.
I have a lovely crib which he is familiar with as he spends time in there looking at his mobile at least once a day. The crib is in my room.
From about 2.5 months he was sleeping from 10 pm or so until 8 waking once or twice a night for a feeding. Lately things have changed over the past week he has been waking frequently and wanting to fall asleep earlier like at 8.
The problem is he NEVER sleeps on his own, he will nod off 3 times a day and if you hold him stay asleep but if you dont, he will wake up and just not sleep.
I have tried all sleeping places, the stroller, the crib, the car seat, the bouncy seat and the swing. The swing worked for a good few months as long as it was on he would sleep for an hour, but lately its stopped working.

I believe at almost 5 months he is ready to sleep in the crib and be put down at 8 pm but I dont know how to make this happen. He does not have a set routine at all. I CANNOT understand why my well fed, dry, burped and tired baby wont just stay asleep when he has nodded off , the only thing i can think of is that i just need to teach him how.

PLEASE ADVISE (ESPECIALLY MOMS WHO HAVE MADE TRANSITIONS SUCCESSFULLY FROM CO-SLEEPING)

thank you for reading :sleep:

I dont have any experience really hun just didnt want to read and run. :hug:

Have you tried getting into more of a routine during the day with his naps (maybe limiting them at certain times for a while) so you can have him as tired as reasonably possible at bedtime?

x

TBH hun I don't think you can transition until they're ready. We tried with Kaya after she learned to crawl as although she was going down in our bed ok at 7pm, she was crawling off the bed if she woke up. So at about 7 months we tried to get her to start the night in her own bed (not a cot), but she got so upset that we gave up after a month of trying. But at 9/10 months we tried again as we thought she might be ready, and sure enough she went don fine. She now spends most of the night in her own bed in her own room and only wakes up a few times - she often comes into our bed, or I go in hers, at about 5am.

Dunno if it's cold where you are, but if our bedroom feels cool we sometimes put a hot water bottle in the crib to take the chill off it for a few mins before baby goes in.

Also when he was very small a midwife gave us a tip to put a piece of our clothing in the crib with him so he feels like we are there.... my husband would have carried him up, set him in crib, tucked him in then took off his top and tucked it over him too. This was when my baby was about 3 wks to 5 wks ish. We didn't co-sleep though, he was in our bed at the very start and when he was needing fed more often but we started putting him in his crib at the start of the night when he was about 3 wks then he just came in (and stayed) for grub.

Failing that maybe try you going to another room and letting OH be strict and get baby in crib, our MW said that if we kept on co-sleeping this would be the technique to get baby out of the habit, she said it would take 2 nights of crying and the 3rd night baby should be ok in own bed.

Dpeends how much you want him out of your bed if you want to put up with the crying!

i've replied about this topic on someone else's thread.

we've gone from co sleeping to her sleeping in her cot, in the past wek. we tried everything before that, the clothes thing, the warmed stuff...nothing worked like you said.

it was only when she was topped up by a bottle after breast feeding her that she 'went down' and stayed down. now we have our bed and lives back!

she had obiously been hungry, because she feed on me for 25 mins and then has 5 ounces of formula!!

not saying this is the case with you lo...

im in the same boat only my little one is 2 and a half, he gets really really upset if i dont let him come into our bed and I have no idea how to get him back into his own room

:hug: from me x

im in the same boat only my little one is 2 and a half, he gets really really upset if i dont let him come into our bed and I have no idea how to get him back into his own room

:hug: from me x

o dear!:hugs:

Not sure what to suggest... My LO is already sleeping in her own room and crib. I usually put her down when she is drowsy with her dummy and stand there and rub her tummy or side for a few minutes and then leave and come back and if she is still awake I rub her again and then leave again. We have a baby monitor and I stay awake until I make sure she is sleeping.

We've had her in our bed too sometimes if she is really gassy or uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->