thoughts for my girl name..

There is no right or wrong spelling when you're naming your own child. There are a bunch of names that can be spelt differently and as the parent you decide which one. I have to agree with twinmommy Lisa, you came across extremely rude and offensive to the OP.

Anywho, the name is unusual for a girl and definitely not something I've heard before so go for it :D:thumbup:

I disagree there are right and wrong ways to spell names. Changing the spelling can completely change the way it is pronounced. And just because a mother knows how she wants it pronounced doesn't mean it will translate well to the masses. That is the point of this forum is to see how others respond to the name. The responses you get here are closer to the responses you will get in real life from strangers. Only difference is they are going to talk behind your back.

Bottom line I apologized for coming off rude. I wasn't trying to I was just trying to make my point that spelling names all crazy can cause more harm than good in the long run for your child. You are not just naming a baby you are naming an adult. Some day that child is going to grow up someday they will be old sitting in a wheelchair in a nursing home. All of these things need to be considered when picking a name a child will have for life.

I love your name Camryn and I love the spelling too :) I would pronounce it Cam-rinn and I think it's really pretty :)

Yes we pronounce it cam-rinn as well as many of you have pointed out. Nothing is set in stone but it's my top pick!!! I don't really care about appealing to the masses. The way I figure when she's old shell be surrounded by people with alternative spellings because that's the trend in her generation. I'd be happy carrying the name camryn as an adult!!

I love it spelled that way! It it's clearly a feminine spelling as opposed to the traditional masculine spelling.

Good luck with you're new diva, and let the haters hate ;-)

I like that name, and spelling! Just curious- how do you pronounce your first daughter's name? I've never seen it before, but I like it!

That's really cute! I thought that it was pronounced that way, but knew that it could also be pronounced Day-vin, if it followed the way you say David :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->