Thoughts:I don't think I am as far along as my last menstrual period would indicate.

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I didn't get a clear and bold line on a FRER until 6 days after my missed period. Doesn't this mean I conceived later in my cycle and I'm not as far along as the last menstrual period would indicate? I'm worried that when I go for my first scan my baby will be seen as "small" and my doctor will worry me even more, even though I am probably a week behind.

Like my ticker says 5 weeks, but based on when I got my undeniable FRER bfp, (6 days after my missed period) wouldn't I actually be closer to 4 weeks?

I didn't get a clear and bold line on a FRER until 6 days after my missed period. Doesn't this mean I conceived later in my cycle and I'm not as far along as the last menstrual period would indicate? I'm worried that when I go for my first scan my baby will be seen as "small" and my doctor will worry me even more, even though I am probably a week behind.

Like my ticker says 5 weeks, but based on when I got my undeniable FRER bfp, (6 days after my missed period) wouldn't I actually be closer to 4 weeks?

I believe you are correct, you would need to convey that to the doctor and let them know that you believe you implanted later :)

Oh and CONGRATS!

I wouldn't worry - that's why they call it a dating scan, cos going from your last period is the only way they can date you until a scan is done, which is a much better indication of how far along you actually are.

Thanks ladies for the feedback. Glad there is consensus on this. I know I ovulated later and pretty sure I implanted later too. I think I will adjust my ticker then! And I'll make sure to tell the doc.

My first scan isn't for more then a month...gonna be hard to wait!

My first scan isn't for more then a month...gonna be hard to wait!

PS, I am so jealous you live in Hawaii! I love Hawaii, used to come out every 3 months for work on the Big Island and then would spend time in Waikki....ahhh miss it! :haha:

Were you tracking OV? OV is a better indication than LMP - especially if you don't OV at the same time every month or your cycles are irregular. Also your body starts producing HCG after implantation, so if that takes longer you won't get a BFP as soon. And some pregnancies produce HCG quicker/double faster than others so that could also affect it. Either way, congratulations!! :thumbup:
It doesn't really matter whether your date is off by a few days. When you get your first scan they will date the baby and if it is dating a few days less then you'll know you implanted later. The doc won't say they are small for gestational age since that first scan is where they verify how far along you are. Often the size of the baby doesn't match LMP, but they will only change your due date if it's a week or more off. So no worries! xo

They always date the baby by lmp before you've had a scan, but it's only accurate if you have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14. Not accurate for most people I think. According to my lmp I should have been 12+6 but baby measured 9+6. They kept asking me if I was sure of my lmp and of course I was because I always track cycle start and length. I knew the dates were going to be majorly off, but I had to convince them. I went by what date I thought I conceived versus going by lmp until I had my scan. I knew at most I would be 12+6 but I could also be around 8+6 so I just went by that. I would rather assume I was earlier on and get moved up than go by lmp and get moved back if you know what I mean.

you could have ovulated later. like me i ovulated almost 3 weeks after AF so my doc went by my O date instead of LMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->