Thoughts of boys name

His Princess

Mummy to my miracle
Reaction score
My hubby and I have come up with a name for our second little boy and I wanted to hear some thoughts from impartial people.

I like names that are a little different without being too out there (middle names are quite transitional as they're after family members). Our 16 month old is Oscar Michael and the name we've come up with for our next baby is Ellis George. What do you think? ��

Do you spell it with the double i like you wrote, or was that a typo and it was supposed to be Ellis (double L)?

If it's with the double i - I'm not a fan, sorry. I would pronounce it like Elise and I think a boy could be picked on is school for having a girls name... Plus, I think he would have to spell it all the time as the spelling is really uncommon. Also, in my opinion, the name doesn't really 'go' well with the name of your other son, whose name is really classic (and the spelling of this one is really modern). But that's just me - I like it when the names have a matching vibe.

If it's with the double L, so Ellis, I think it's actually really adorable. I can imagine a cheeky, fun little boy with the name Ellis. I would pronounce it as Ellis in Ellis island - I don't know if that's what you were going for? I think it goes really well with the middle name George, and I really like the whole (first+middle) name together.

That being said, if you and your OH both like the name you picked, go for it! :)

Ellis is lovely, it is unisex though (I have a friend with a boy Ellis and a friend with a girl Ellis!) so you might get asked if baby is not or girl in the early days.
Mind I used to get asked that even when top to toe In pink!

Thanks all, I can see why there was some confusion! There was a typo in my original post, it should have read Ellis George 🙈

I really like the name Ellis, we had it on our list if our 3rd had been a boy. We know somebody with the surname Ellis though, so would probably not have used in case he claimed we'd named the baby after him!

I really like Ellis George. I'd very much say it's a boys name, not a girls. I'm in the uk, don't know if you are and I've never heard it for a girl before. I think George is very classic, and Ellis slightly unusual but not too out there. We're having similar name dilemmas at the moment!

I have only known girls named Ellis so to me it if a very feminine name.

I've never met a girl named Ellis either.

Ellis George sounds very handsome!

I prefer George Ellis 👍🏻

Thanks all :)

I think Ellis as a girls name must be more of a North American thing as I've never heard of it in the U.K.

Thanks all :)

I think Ellis as a girls name must be more of a North American thing as I've never heard of it in the U.K.

Im uk, like I said I know a both girl and boy called it but I do immediately think of it as a boys name, it's lovely :)

I like Ellis and only know boys with the name (I'm UK) x

I like it. My friend has a little boy called a Ellis :)

I love the name Ellis for a boy (I read it as a very masculine name) and Ellis George sounds very handsome.

I'm in the states, and yes, Ellis would definitely be a girl's name here. That said, I personally like it for a boy!

I'm in the UK and I know 2 people with girls named Ellis. However it sounds like more of a "masculine" name to me. I think its quite nice, similar to Elliot which I really like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->