Thoughts on an early scan?

emalou90

Reaction score
I would love one (even if baby is a blur) to put my mind at ease :shrug:

Part of me doesn't want too though, would it make me worry more?
Decisions decisions!

There's a small chance I'll get an early one booked after the 4th when I see my midwife but that's not certain... :shrug:

What do you think?
Have you had one and been happy?
Or had one and regretted it?

With my first pregnancy I had one at a little over 6 weeks. Little jelly bean with a beating heart. I loved it!

I wouldn't unless i had real reason to (concern about ectopic, heavy bleeding) because i know it would very temporarily put my mind at ease but ultimately there aren't any guarantees

I had one at about 6.5 weeks and it made me feel a lot better. I thought I was losing my pregnancy symptoms, turned out everything was fine. I've got my 12 weeks scan on weds morning so am now a little anxious about that but I think I would have been a lot more worried over the last 6 weeks if I hadn't had an early scan. That may be because I had a MC at 7 weeks last year though.

I did and it was nice to see all was in right place etc. I am thinking of booking one for my 3rd wedding anniversary hubby will be so pleased

I had one last week at 5w3d and even though a heartbeat couldn't be seen yet (too early), it was still great to know that everything was looking fine and that I was off to a good start. Two of my biggest fears have been an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage. Even though the possibility of miscarriage still exists, I was able to cross ectopic off my list of worries and that itself was a relief.

That's great Hun, I want to be at ease too xx

I am getting one at about 7 weeks, and as other said it is nice to see that everything is where it needs to be :)

that was me castaway - yes it is :) I cant wait to get to 12weeks so miscarriage rate drops x

Thanks ladies. Anyone know anywhere in northamptonshire area?

Thanks mummylou - funny I was on there earlier x

let me know how it goes chick would love to hear the great news :D x

Ihad my first sonogram and they couldn't see anything. I was thinking I was further along so it did make me worry a bit. I went three weeks later and turns out at that time I was almost 7 weeks. So you could see the baby. I was only 3 to 4 weeks at my first scan. It really all just depends on you. If you feel it will bring comfort do it just know depending on how far you are at the time of the scan you may see very little. Just keep a positive mind set. :) and congratulations!

I've personally had 3 early scans, 1 was at 4-5 weeks as wasn't actually sure I was pregnant, they confirmed it but couldn't see a heartbeat so booked me another scan for 2 weeks later, went to that one and it became a 'viable pregnancy' and at 9 weeks (which ended up being 9w4d) booked a private scan as a birthday present and as a reassurance to myself as first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks so it made me feel better!

Ihad my first sonogram and they couldn't see anything. I was thinking I was further along so it did make me worry a bit. I went three weeks later and turns out at that time I was almost 7 weeks. So you could see the baby. I was only 3 to 4 weeks at my first scan. It really all just depends on you. If you feel it will bring comfort do it just know depending on how far you are at the time of the scan you may see very little. Just keep a positive mind set. :) and congratulations!

I have one at 7 weeks with my IVF clinic.

I'd definitely recommend it.

I've had 3 scans so far... my first one at 5 weeks they saw a sac and foetal pole. 7 weeks to check everything was okay and I saw a little blob and a heart beat. I then booked a scan at 10 weeks (see my picture) and it was great I saw baby moving around and everything.

It just really helped to reassure me everything was okay. I don't think I can have survived until my 12 week scan next week. So yes if it puts your mind at ease I would definately recommend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->