Thoughts on Baby Clothing

Lol I actually think supermarket clothes for babies are awesome. We can afford better things but tbh if we're in Tesco and see something cute with a lion on it i'm not going to not buy it just because it's in Tesco! I go to Mama's and Papa's and buy nice designer clothes from selfidges etc but I also like tesco and asda dinsey stuff! The quality of Asda ISN'T quite like Paul Smith but they're cute and they're only for a few months so who cares? They're not tacky at all imo! I love them!
One of my fave babygro's is a lionking one from asda which Rory has now outgrown :cry:

My favourite is Mothercare. Ok, its not the cheapest, but the quality is great and their range is massive.
Out of the supermarkets I think Sainsburys is the best. I haven't bought a massive amount, but I think the sleepsuits are great value for money and even better when you get them for 25% off. I think the most expensive pack is £7 and they wash lovely.
Agree with others about Asda, chavy and too much Disney. My food shop of choice is Tesco, but Ive never really liked what they have to offer. What I have bought has been ok, but I don't think its great.

When Brady was under 12 months almost of his clothes came from Tesco, Asda and a bit of Sainsburys. They were fine then as he grew out of them so quick so it didn't really matter what shrank in the wash etc but now he is over a year I into buy vests and PJs from supermarkets.

I find Asda have a big range of stuff for boys under 12 months and they do wash pretty well but I don't like their clothes for 12 months + as the range really isn't very good and I just don't like the style. I also find their fit quite strange, they tend to be really wide which for my now active toddler who has no baby fat is not good.

Tesco used to be my favourite, you have to go to a big store to get any of it but their range for boys was good and I liked their basic stuff like vests and sleepsuits. I also found their fit to be best for Brady and they washed well. Their Baby Boutique range is lovely as well for occaison wear. But again, the toddler stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

I don't have a big Sainsburys near me so I don't know if their range is bigger or not but there isnt much to choose from in our one although I do really like some of their outfits. However, I actually find their clothes the worst quality out of all the supermarket clothes Ive bought Brady, they are the only place Ive had to return items, one was a pair of dungarees which the poppers would not stay shut and another was a cardigan that was an inch shorter than the other same sized items on the rack (only realised when i put it on him)

I also find now that we're in the toddler sizes I might as well shop in Next, Mothercare and M&S as the supermarkets lump them in with their older boys clothes and then charge those prices for them, why would I pay £10 for a pair of shorts in a supermarket when I could pay the same in Next etc and get much better quality? At least Mothercare stagger thier prices according to age.

I agree with the others on Disney - I'm not a fan, and that means choice is limited!

Tesco seem to come up very small in their sizes, my LO pretty much outgrew the 3-6 month sleepsuits before she hit 4 months, but she's long and skinny so that might be why. Sainsburys are the only supermarket I've found that sells sleepsuits in anything other than insipid pink, and they wash well and last longer because they're that bit more generous on sizing. However in my local one it's rare to be able to find a range of sizes, there's loads for newborn or a year and above but not much else. I've also noticed that a lot of the 'fancier' sleepsuits have the poppers only down one leg IYKWIM, so you have to take the whole thing off in order to change a nappy!

Wow! thanks every one for your responses!

It's interesting to get the anti-Disney perspective. What would you prefer instead?

It seems that quality is also a big concern for many of you... would you pay a little extra for a 'tesco finest' approach to baby clothing?

Also the ranges in some of the smaller stores seems to be an issue... do you prefer to see and touch a product for your baby rather than shop online?

Again I really appreciate your input, thank you for time

Miriam x

I dont think i would 'prefer' anything imperticular to disney. Just they dont need to plaster, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet on everything they make iykwim.

And no, i wouldnt pay extra for Tescos Finest baby clothes, if there going to charge more for nicer made clothes, it will be the same price as the more expensive shops, M&S, Mothercare, Next etc.. so i would just spend my money there as i know the sizing is much better, the colours last and it doesnt shrink or loose its shape.

I shop Next online, but only because they show the clothes on the children, you can see what they're really like. But on Tescos/Adsa its just a picture of the top/trousers etc, you cant see how they will fit, what they look like really, so no, i wouldnt buy anything from supermarkets on the net.

Also - I find Tescos has a lot nicer boys stuff than girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->