Thoughts on taking his name...

Amherst1994

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm just popping in here to ask everybody's opinion. My fiancé has a daughter named Emma. My name is Emma. I want to take his name but I am a bit weirded out that there is already an Emma Hislastname in the family! Should I even care? We are getting married in a month and I'm so on the fence!

People name family members after other family members all the time, so I think it can be common for a family to have two of the same names at some point. (my hubby and his father have the same first name, and if we have a son he will have the name too to keep the tradition going)

If it really bothers you, maybe do a hyphened last name using your current and your future husband's names? :flower:

I was thinking of hyphenating but our last names are very similar. They both are long and end in ing. It'd be a mouthful to say the least! I hadn't thought about the family members named after other family members thing....that's a great point!

Plus eventually she may marry and change her last name, so you'll be the only one then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->