Thoughts on the names Anna or Annie?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
I really quite like both of them but not sure if I like them enough to use iykwim, would it sound better to have Anna as a 'formal' name with Annie as a nn?? Also unsure how popular it is for girls in UK nowadays, I know at work there are 4 Anna's, but they range from 25-50ish, I'm guessing it's not so popular anymore? Thoughts anyone, is it too dated or is it a classic?

My niece is Annie and my daughter is Kallianna, so I definitely have a thing for Anna/Annie :) I think both are adorable! I wouldn't be surprised if Anna is big like Emma was for a while soon.

Classic. Our youngest was Anna all the way through til 3 dYs before she was born when we changed it to Alice. Much as I loved it I just couldn't pucture myself calling her it. I also loved Annabel and Anna as a nn x

Ah I was thinking of these names a couple of days ago when I was thinking up possible names. . I don't know the sex yet but I do like both of the names, like you I'm not sure which one or to do Anna as formal and Annie as nn because both are lovely names. I don't think they're very common. I don't know anybody with these names. I think there are sooo many pretty, girly names to choose from I dont know if these would be my chosen ones if I had a girly but they are definatley a favourite! X

I love Anna! Annabelle was our #2 choice for our LO.

I love them. They're both beautiful names :)

Thanks everyone, nice to hear positives. I can't use Annabelle though, is the name of an awful girl I used to know at school 👿. ClaRav, I know exactly what you mean when you say you love it but not sure if it'd be the name you would choose. I absolutely love Ava, but I really don't want to have a child that is one of three in the class with the same name at school, I know it shouldn't bug me if I love it, but it does. I was thinking that Anna is similar, but maybe a bit less common and a bit more classic??

Anna/Annie is such a gorgeous name. I think either one would work fine as an "official" name

Have you considered Ada if you like Ava? I adore it but dh wouldn't entertain it at all. Lovely old, classic name x

I love Annie! I am obsessed with the name Annie-Rose, like in the Alfie books, but I don't like double barrel names so can't use it.

Anna is my name if I have a girl. DH and I had it picked out before he died. :)

I'm biased because I'm an Andrea and my nickname is Annie! Personally, I think it's fab haha!

I love Annie! I am obsessed with the name Annie-Rose, like in the Alfie books, but I don't like double barrel names so can't use it.

Exactly this!!! I love the Alfie books and the name Annie-Rose, but like you we've never liked hyphen names... I've even thought if we ever have a girl I'll try to influence Micah through those books so that Micah will 'suggest' it for a girl and that would give me an 'excuse' to suggest it to OH! :blush:

I realise asking Micah to name any future siblings could backfire majorly though lol! I asked him his toys' names:
Seahorse = Seahorse
Pig = Piggy
Spider = Mr Spider
And.... For some reason his toy goat is called Donkey... :wacko: I tried correcting him and he replied "yeah is a goat mummy.. his NAME Donkey!"

AngelofTroy;33691911} I realise asking Micah to name any future siblings could backfire majorly though lol! I asked him his toys' names: Seahorse = Seahorse Pig = Piggy Spider = Mr Spider And.... For some reason his toy goat is called Donkey... :wacko: I tried correcting him and he replied "yeah is a goat mummy.. his NAME Donkey!"[/QUOTE said:
This made me laugh! Reminds me of my daughter :) Although she doesn't have a goat named Donkey :haha:

I know an Annie who is Annalise??

I love Annie and don't think it's very popular (yet) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"