Thoughts on unusual middle name?

Elizabean

Reaction score
I have mentioned on here before that my husband's family has a tradition of boys with a first name that starts with D. It's been tough but we have come to agree on a first name we both like the sound and the meaning of (though DH keeps trying to change my mind every few weeks).

I have always thought a middle name should be meaningful, usually a family name. DH wont agree to any of the names I have suggested, my fave being Campbell as it is my grandads name. DH said no as it would mean the baby would have the exact same initials and him, as he does with his dad and he finds it very annoying to get their mail mixed up!

So after exhausting all family name options, I thought of the name of the street where we first lived together, which has so many good memories for us. DH kind of agrees but I would like to get some outsider feedback- what do you think of:

Dylan Whiting Lastname (very similar to Swayze)?

Not a fan, but who really uses a middle name? If its special to you, go for it :flower:

I'm partial to Campbell as it's a family name, is our #1 girls name right now and my nephews middle name!

If you both like it then go for it! It's something special to you.

I say go for it. I'd assume it was a family last name if I heard it, which is a pretty common thing to do with middle names. Doesn't seem weird to me at all. It's not like you're giving him the middle name Milwaukee Avenue or something.

I think its sweet! It also doesn't sound too odd, just like a family name that got passed through, and if it has particular meaning to you than go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->