'Threatened Miscarriage'? update- lost baby at 11w5d

This is heartbreaking dark_star. I'm so sorry for what you are going through :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Darkstar my heart aches for you, I'm so sorry. I had a miscarriage like that at about the same time and it was very hard. I got pregnant again a month later and had a healthy baby boy. I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but believe that everything happens for a reason, I believe that. I had to keep reminding myself that there might have been something wrong with the baby, some genetic abnormality and nature took care of itself. I really hope these thoughts give you some comfort... *hugs

I'm so sorry to hear about this Dark_Star :( xx

So sorry to hear your update, dark_star. You're in my thoughts through this tough time :hugs:

I'm so so sorry Hun, take good care of yourself thinking of you xx

Sorry for your loss. Take care xx

:( I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart hurts for you. Prayers for you to get through this.

I am so sorry for your loss sweetie :hugs:. I really do not know what to say to make you feel any better but I found this for you. It is from a UK medical website.

"Despite their prevalence, it is always devastating when a woman experiences a miscarriage. A large portion of women will experience at least one miscarriage during their reproductive years. If you have had a miscarriage, take the time to understand better why these occur and why it is not your fault.

"When you conceive and a baby is created, it takes half its genes from the sperm and half from the egg that ovulated that month. At the exact time of conception, the cross-over of these genes takes place. Sometimes, for no reason other than bad luck, some information is lost and the pregnancy is destined from that point not to be.

"It might be that this lost information is not needed for many weeks, and the pregnancy will continue as normal until that time. When the needed information is not there, it is then that the baby dies and you begin to miscarry. Another cause might be that the baby did not implant, or bury itself, into the womb lining properly - once again, just due to bad luck.

"These are the most common reasons that women miscarry. Not because of something you did or didn't do, but just because of chance. Not because you drank alcohol, ate some unpasteurised cheese, or didn't take folic acid. Certainly not because you had sex or didn't rest enough.

"Whether you lay in bed from the day of your positive pregnancy test or went hang-gliding every day wouldn't have changed things. Its nature's way of making sure that when you do have a baby, it has the best chance for all of its life. Miscarriage does not mean that you won't be able to get pregnant again.

"A D&C (dilatation and curettage) or evacuation may be carried out to reduce the chance of infection and ensure that you don't continue bleeding over the following weeks. Very rarely, it can cause infection of the uterine lining. It is believed that the chance of this is less likely than had you not undergone a D&C. If this happens it usually responds well to a short course of antibiotics. The D&C doesn't weaken your cervix or make you more likely to miscarry in subsequent pregnancies.

"The risk of miscarriage decreases as pregnancy progresses. It is possible that as many as 50% of pregnancies miscarry before implantation in the womb occurs. Early after implantation, pregnancy loss rate is about 30% (i.e.; still before a pregnancy is clinically recognised). After a pregnancy may be clinically recognised (between days 35-50), about 25% will end in miscarriage. The risk of miscarriage decreases dramatically after the 8th week as the weeks go by.

"Many women miscarry more than once in their life. Considering the frequency of miscarriage, about 1 in 36 women will have 2 miscarriages due to nothing more than chance. Any miscarriages after that might prompt your doctors to suggest some tests to ensure that it isn't happening for some other reason."

"Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%. A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks to 99.4%. So things could still go wrong, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by".

Thank you so much everyone.

Although it was a negative experience, I was treated quickly and with compassion and respect by the hospital staff, which has made it so much better than it could have been.

It took a few hours in the ER to get my tests and ultrasound done. I was told that my baby had passed on at 6:00pm and there was an obstetrician sent to see me who arrived by 6:30. I was given a choice of going home for a natural miscarriage, being given medication to help it along, or having surgery. I can't stress how much I appreciated having a choice, most women in my situation that I have heard about or talked to are only offered one option. I chose surgery as I couldn't deal psychologically with delivering a fetus at home. I was immediately connected to machines, signing paperwork, and being prepped for surgery and I was into the surgical theater by 8:30 and waking up from general anesthesia by 9:00. They discharged me at 12:00am.

I think I will be ok. It's difficult because I'm surrounded by baby things and even if I put them away I still have a pregnant figure when I look in the mirror. I'm looking forward to a big glass of wine tonight if I can eat a decent dinner.

God bless you love. Stay strong. Prayers that your next little blessing will be your rainbow baby. Hugs!

Thinking of you dark star. I know how you feel.
I hope you are carrying your rainbow soon xx

im so sorry to hear this :cry: my thoughts are with you xxx when i had my dnc i was as far as you are now everything went fine i didn't even experience pain and recovered really quick it was more the emotional side that took a while, enjoy your wine and relax xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->