three meals?

we went from 3 meals a day when she was showing signs that she was ready. We new she was ready for weaning as she went from goin 3-4 hours between 8oz feeds to just one hour we stuck with it for a while to make sure it wasn't just a growth spurt, which it wasn't. We started her on breakfast first and she would have her bottle then her porridge and it would be 4 hours then till she got hungry again. When she started to become hungrier earlier then we started her on some dinner too, again it would keep her goin 4 hours then she would be ready for her next feed. When she started wanting the next feed earlier we tried her with some tea. Now she goes 4 hours between feeds, she is a little pig she eats a full jar and pudding. I personally think the books are a load of crap, each baby is different and will be ready for 2/3 meals at different times. We know our own baby better than a person who has wrote a book aimed at all 6month olds worldwide.
I have dropped a feed but it was because it wasn't needed not because a book said too. She still has 32oz of formula a day aswell as 3 meals

We were told that at 6mo start with one meal a day and then BY 7-8mo do 2 meals and then BY 10-12 to 3 meals. It's no rush, if you start doing too many too early it can makethem cut back on their formula/breastmilk which they shouldn't do until closer to 1. I'd just watch and see if they seem they want an extra meal, but I wouldn't replace any bottles with it.

My little girl began weaning shortly after 4 months. There is no way she could have gone till 7-8 months before having a 2nd meal. guidelines are just a GUIDE as to what should be happening around that time it isn't set in stone. It pisses me off all this don't wean your baby before 6 months it isn't advised, if it isn't advised why do they make food suitable from 4 months????

That's my point, if you read my first post in this thread I purposely capitolized the "BY" these ages meaning that by the time they are that age if you hadnt you should try, not saying wait until those ages. Yet even though I did that it was still called out saying not everyone waits until 6mo, I completely get that, that's why I put the "BY"

And the food companies make food from 4mo and up because that used to be the recommendation (4-6mo) and why would they push waiting...looses them money. I'm not wanting to argue the 6mo thing, I get most of yall don't agree, I've said my peace on it and I'm not going to fight, I just don't agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->