Three years and I think he's weaned!

patch2006uk

Reaction score
It was DS's third birthday last Sunday. I've only been feeding him at bedtime for the last almost 12 months, but now he's started saying he doesn't want milk anymore, just a cuddle. I haven't BFed him for about 5 days now.

It could be pregnancy related weaning, but it's felt very gradual with his feeds getting shorter over the last few months, an occasional one missed, and now pretty much stopped. I was happy to continue for as long as he wanted, but I'm comfortable with stopping at 3 - he seems very grown up these days, and he clearly eats and drinks plenty enough to sustain him! It might also be nice to not have bedtime duty for a few weeks (until it's time to start over with a new baby!)

If he asks to feed again, I'll be happy to let him try. Especially once this baby comes - I fully expect his interest to return for a little while at least, even if only just as an observer!

Fingers crossed he doesn't catch a sickness bug anytime soon, though. How am I gonna get through them without boobs?? :haha:

Ahh congratulations! Sounds like a lovely end to the journey (if it is!).

so great to hear a positive long term bf story that has ended without pressure, just a natural conclusion.
Lo is growing up fast and soon he'll have a sibling to share it all with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->