Thrush

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
I got thrush the month before I got pregnant which I have only had once before when I was pregnant with my daughter. Used the pessary cream and external cream and seemed to clear up.

Same happened the month after and that month found out I was pregnant! I again used the external pessary and cream (2 days before I got a positive)

I feel like Iv got it again 😢 This will be 3 months in a row!

What am I doing wrong 👊🏼

Oh no :( thrush is horrible! It's the worst place to be itchy! I wonder if the yeast infection is not quite clearing up each time you use the treatment. So maybe it's killing 90%, so you think it's gone but the small amount left eventually multiplies and you get it again? A bit like if you don't finish a course of antibiotics! That said, I'm not sure how to get around that - I wonder, can you do a double course of the pessary? With a few days inbetween, just to try catch everything!

I read during pregnancy, the vagina becomes rich in a form of glucose named ‘glycogen’, which feeds the growth of candida albicans. It’s believed the higher level of glycogen occurs due to increased oestrogen levels and reduced acidity in the vagina. This is why pregnant women are much more likely to get vaginal thrush than normal. If you are anyway getting it often, in pregnancy it may bother you even more in case you don’t take proper precautionary measure.

For a time being, you can use the topical treatments for thrush or an antibiotic, but since now you are officially pregnant, 3 months old, it is always better to consult a doctor.

Just to be careful in future, include yogurt with “lactobacillus acidophilus” in your diet. Also limit sugar intake, as sugar promotes the growth of yeast. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks ladies, it's such a frustrating thing to have because the best treatments you can't have when pregnant! I know the doctor will prescribe the same cream but Iv been paying £15 a go and it's still not gone ��

Will have to go back tomorrow I suppose!

Ugh. thrush is my middle name when I'm pregnant. Haha. Awful!!! I get externals symptoms, not internal. As long as I wash my front bottom with baking sod every other day, I won't get thrush at all during pregnancy. I have never in my life gotten thrush when not pregnant, but the hormones mess with me!

I'm only 4w3d and I'm 99% sure I've got it, since yesterday evening :( Hubby's picking up some Monistat on the way home from work...ugh!

It's horrible isn't it! My symptoms seem to be external too, Iv had thick discharge start so another bout of cream this weekend ������

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->