Thyroid Issues?

Sander

Reaction score
So I'm 12+3 and am just getting back my results from my thyroid tests done yesterday, and I'm hoping to find someone else with thyroid issues to help me understand the results. My next doc appointment is next Thursday - I'm guessing she'll call me when the last test result comes in, but I can access it all online so I can see it right away (not sure if that's a good thing haha)

My initial thyroid test at ~9 weeks came back at TSH 3.14, which I know is slightly elevated for pregnancy, most docs want it under 2.5 in 1st tri.

This time TSH came back at 2.92, so a little better, and within range for 2nd tri at under 3.0.

But my free T4 levels came back at 9.6pmol/L (range 10.6-19.7 for non-pregnant women). I've read that Free T4 levels can dip during pregnancy, in the 2nd tri I saw a range of 8.4-something. Anyways, I know it's better to have higher levels than lower, but I guess I'm just hoping to get some reassurance that these numbers are only slightly off and not extremely serious.

I also worry that I haven't had any treatment yet and am coming up to 13 weeks already.

Need someone to help keep me calm until I get to talk to the doctor in the next couple of days! :)

Hi Sander! Congrats on ypur pregnancy! I am currently 11 weeks with baby number three. I found put i have hyperthyroidism. I am bad about knowing my numbers but i take methimazole when i am not pregnant and ptu during my first trimester. In my last two pregnancies I didnt take anything in the second or third trimester. Watch your thyroid carefully after having baby...both times at 6 weeks pp my thyroidnwent crazy. The worst i have ever felt. Luckily it has been well controlled with a few extra dr appts to make sure everything is going okay.

Good luck at your appts.

Thank you Kalabear!

Just as an update - my midwife called after speaking to the endocrinologist, and she said I don't have to go in for a consult because my TSH is low enough, and I don't have antibodies. They said Free T4 can range during pregnancy and is not reliable. As long as my other numbers are in check and I don't have antibodies, everything should be fine. I also have been feeling a ton better, so I'm happy about that!

So glad to hear it!! Im glad you are feeling better too! Maybe ask them to run thyroid at 6 weeks postpartum if you remember.....my thyroid goes a bit crazy after pregnancy and mighg be good to rule it out for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->