Thyroid problems?

Kmx

Reaction score
For about 3/4 months I have been experiencing extreme fatigue which I have been to my doctor about. He tested for diabetes which was negative and scheduled for blood work to test for iron, and thyroid and a full blood count. I then moved area and so didn't have the blood test and have still to register with a local gp.

My symptoms have got severely worse since however and I am no experiencing more symptoms. I thought the exhaustion may have been due to a diet I had been following of around 1200-1300 calories a day. I became extremely hungry so decided to quite the diet and eat normally, around 2000 calories a day until I'm better

My symptoms are:
Exhaustion/ fatigue (despite getting sleep)
Urinating lots
Increased appetite
And I've missed my period this month (first time ever usually I am very regular) I thought this May have been due to my diet but I am still 2 weeks late with no sign of AF

Looking at my symptoms I automatically think pregnant but it's almost impossible plus I have taken a pregnancy test which was negative a week late.

thyroid problems run in my family can anyone tell me if they have felt similar? Any self help solutions until I see my gp?

Thanks x

I have hypothyroidism and I had tiredness/fatigue, changes to appetite and irregular cycles when I was first diagnosed. Id go to your gp, just to be safe! Even if it turns out to be nothing g, at least you went :) good luck xx

Stalking as I wonder if I've got a thyroid issue too. Had a mmc in jan and now have short cycles, always tired or ill, recurrent throat infections with achy neck, plus my mum had it and I think it's genetic.

I hope you are diagnosed and feel better soon xx

Could be thyroid hon.
Only way to know is,get that blood test
Takes 4-8 weeks for thyroxine to kick in properly
So go sooner rather than later before fatigue gets worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member