Time between feeds?

Jessicahide

Reaction score
What time frame are you comfortable with? Last night lo woke for a feed at 11:40 went back to sleep, then woke for a bottle at 6am, would you be comfortable with this gap between feeds? Not sure if i am or not, she took 4 1/2 oz at her midnight feed.

J did exactly this at 5 weeks and I left her as was bottle feeding. She soon woke more when hungry x

I'd say that is fine. My baby was taking 6 oz. at around 6-8 weeks old with very little spit up afterwards and a lot of moms I talked to were appalled that I fed her that much. However, she only took 4-5 bottles per day so it evened out about as much as a baby taking 2-3 oz. every 2-3 hours. Just go with what she wants. The good thing about a baby taking bigger bottles is that they usually go longer between feedings which means more sleep for mom lol. A well rested mom is a happy mom :) Frankly I don't know how BF moms do it with waking every 2-3 hours at night.

So long as there are no weight gain concerns and you haven't been advised to feed more regularly, then I would go with it. If she's well, she knows when she's hungry and will let you know.

Mine had a lot of weight gain issues in the first month (it took her 26 days to regain her birth weight after an initial loss) and we were advised to not go longer than 3 hours between feeds, so we did wake to feed. If you haven't been advised to do this though, I would go with it. By 5-6 weeks, our feeds were still every 3-4 hours (I was BF then) and usually 2-3 times during the night, but she was waking up hungry. If she's fine, I would just trust her and go with it and get yourself some extra sleep while you can.

Hello, she has jumped up to 9lbs 2 so i trust her now x

I always feed on demand so wouldn't be worried about this gap. I'm a great believer in not waking up a sleeping baby 👶

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->