• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time Magazine and AP

I honestly feel more judged breastfeeding than formula feeding mothers.
Breastfeeding is not very commen where I live. My friends either tried it for a short time and switched, or never tried at all. I'm the only person I personally know that has gone as long as I have. And I have to justify to them why I'm still doing it, and why I would even want to go so long at it.
I'm proud of breastfeeding. I feel so accomplished already!

I think what bothers me about them is that it might make women think twice about BFing. If I have a daughter, I want her to make decisions that are hers and I wouldn't want her being called an abuser for extended BFing.

I've also seen child abusers and the resulting trauma caused to their children. Saying BFing is sexual abuse just sickens me because I've seen the results of REAL sexual abuse

Its obviously not child abuse, i agree, thats waaaaaaaay to far.
I don't think the article is helpful to EBF, i honestly don't.
There will always be people will opposing opinions, but honestly, my opinions towards BF changed from forums and i think public opinion is turning. Hopefully by the time our kids our older, it'll be an accepted norm.

I can only hope. It saddens me that there is still prejudice in our world today. It's not just about breastfeeding, but that's another topic. I hope I've clearly stated why it bothers me so much. I don't want a woman without a strong will or one that has doubt about her choices to see these horrible things and second guess her choices.

I also hope if your dd wants to formula feed she doesn't second guess herself because she feels she is not "mom enough". The prejudice goes both ways and both are sad.

yeah have to agree with ozzie, dont think there are gonna be any problems with that with all the amount of money that goes into advertising formula!!! i think the prejudice is far more towards BF as this is why we have even got this thread?

I think you will find that moms that BF face more prejudice than moms that FF.

I think its more equal that it was, when really, it should'nt be a cause for judgement at all, after all WE ARE FEEDING OUR BLOODY KIDS.
For the next baby, i may just feed her McD's :haha:

I've said that before. You're the one that brought up prejudice. I don't care how you feed your child.

FWIW, I got far more negative comments when I switched to FF. Maybe I live in a good BFing area (well, in some parts) but I really did.

I've said that before. You're the one that brought up prejudice. I don't care how you feed your child.

Wow.
Thats a little rude.
I thought the conversation was going back to being polite and nice.
Obviously not.

Wow.
Thats a little rude.
Obviously not.

Hang on a bit,i thought your post came across a bit spicy?! with saying WE ARE FEEDING OUR BLOODY KIDS? i think ozzy was just replying in the same manner?

Wow.
Thats a little rude.
Obviously not.

I don't think that sounds rude. Read it as it's written. Not as you think I'm saying it.

Honestly, it reads as incredibly dismissive.

I didn't think you wanted to engage me in discussion. Would you like to continue?

Wow.
Thats a little rude.
Obviously not.

Hang on a bit,i thought your post came across a bit spicy?! with saying WE ARE FEEDING OUR BLOODY KIDS? i think ozzy was just replying in the same manner?

I wasn't attempting to be "spicy" i was acting exasperated at the rest of the world for judging us no matter how we feed.

Wow.
Thats a little rude.
Obviously not.

I don't think that sounds rude. Read it as it's written. Not as you think I'm saying it.

Honestly, it reads as incredibly dismissive.

I didn't think you wanted to engage me in discussion. Would you like to continue?

I thought we had been discussing to be honest, i thought it was on a nicer tangent when we discussed how difficult it was for women. Obviously not.

FWIW, I got far more negative comments when I switched to FF. Maybe I live in a good BFing area (well, in some parts) but I really did.

im sorry you get more negative comments but on the whole would you not agree that FF have an easier time? :flower: i see FF every where even on tv ,its rare you see someone BF x

And I said I don't care how you feed your child. Breast or formula. As long as that child is getting fed.

OK, if you want, but I will not continue unless it's a civil conversation. No CAPS or rudeness. Agreed?

im sorry you get more negative comments but on the whole would you not agree that FF have an easier time? :flower: i see FF every where even on tv ,its rare you see someone BF x

I think EBF gets an unjustified constant negative response, but i honestly think that BF and FF are equal, having friends that do both, we all feel we have to explain our decision constantly.

And I said I don't care how you feed your child. Breast or formula. As long as that child is getting fed.

Its comes across very very short and dismissive, i attempted to lighten the mood, agreed with you and it still seems as though you are being very very short with your responses. :shrug:

Sorry. Nursing and typing with one hand.

I'll just leave the discussion here then, between us anyway, clearly either a misunderstanding or just generally not getting on and its not helping or constructive to the thread.:thumbup:

I think EBF gets an unjustified constant negative response, but i honestly think that BF and FF are equal, having friends that do both, we all feel we have to explain our decision constantly.

Its comes across very very short and dismissive, i attempted to lighten the mood, agreed with you and it still seems as though you are being very very short with your responses. :shrug:

Whilst im with you when you say as long as we feed our kids thats the important thing,i totally disagree when you say BF and FF are equal with negitive comments! but thats just my opinion from someone who struggled to BF and went on to FF.The reason we are even discussing BF (which gets repeated lots and lots on BC) proves the point,you dont see many FF complaining about people giving them as much grief! :shrug: Im hoping to BF my next bub succesfully and for as long as bub wants (would be lovely) as i know breast is best! but if for some reason it dose not happen then i will use formula like last time BUT breast IS BEST and the more mums that do it the better...

Whilst im with you when you say as long as we feed our kids thats the important thing,i totally disagree when you say BF and FF are equal with negitive comments! but thats just my opinion from someone who struggled to BF and went on to FF.The reason we are even discussing BF (which gets repeated lots and lots on BC) proves the point,you dont see many FF complaining about people giving them as much grief! :shrug: Im hoping to BF my next bub succesfully and for as long as bub wants (would be lovely) as i know breast is best! but if for some reason it dose not happen then i will use formula like last time BUT breast IS BEST and the more mums that do it the better...

Does it depend on where we live do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->