• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time Magazine and AP

It's the front cover of a flipping magazine, it's supposed to be unatural and shock people, that's how magazines are sold.... take the naked preg pic of Sadie Frost, that wasn't natural, you think she wasn't airbrushed, or sits in that pose at home? Just like this lady and her son!

The picture draws you in to want to read the article, and it's worked!

Nope I didn't read the article, I don't even BF but I get the impression that the front cover doesn't depict the true act of extended BF therefore it makes me think that what is written in the article doesn't either. I stay away from things like that :shrug:

Can't say i like the picture tbh, seen the comments below it, it's a bit harsh to say its disgusting, but maybe cus its the age of the child some people wouldnt bf that long i know i wouldn't of.

I've seen several threads on this (one started by myself in BFing) and it's interesting the variety of opinions. What we forget though, is this is the media. They are supposed to shock and want people to find out more.

I think it's great. People can't judge how toddlers BF unless they have BF'd one themselves.

It's natural so why are they trying to make it as shocking as possible? Doesn't make sense. Not doing themselves any favours

I think these magazine ads are more offensive https://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org/offensiveads.html

I agree. For once, a woman is shown doing something natural and she looks so proud.

Q&A With the cover mom: https://healthland.time.com/2012/05/10/q-a-with-jamie-lynne-grumet/?iid=obnetwork

Q&A With the cover mom: https://healthland.time.com/2012/05/10/q-a-with-jamie-lynne-grumet/?iid=obnetwork

The part about what she remembers from her mom breastfeeding her brought tears to me eyes!

I thought she was very well spoken! :) It was lovely to see she BF'd her adopted son as well!

I think the picture is Fab! :)... I follow some AP techniques but I stopped BF when LO was 15 months old as I felt that it was long enough for us, however I have no opinion on people who want to keep going x

However, the picture looks bad. That is not how mothers breastfeed .

I know and have seen people in our local toddler groups feed their children like this (okay, not with the stool but they do run up to their mothers and pull their tops up for a feed, whether standing or sitting).

that last bit IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!

you nurse a baby not a child that can speak.

IMO when the child starts tuggin at the top, liftin it, even physically askin for it is TOO OLD (little britain BITTY comes to mind...) i think its a selfish thing to do. coz that woman wants to prove to everyone about breastfeedin n how its best. Yes agreed, up until around 6 months. there cannot be any benefits in the breast milk (if they still get any) at 3. that poor child as a pp said will be bullied in school for this unfortunately.

I dont have a problem with bf'in infact i regret not bein able to keep it up but at that age.... its gross

Just my opinion. n i no ill be riddled for this...

Are you still BFing? Who are you to judge women that do extended BFing?

My eleven month old pulls my shirt when he wants to be fed. Should I stop feeding him? Why even post that here? And in such a rude ignorant way?

no due to LO n i both havin problems i had to stop. ive always had this opinion n always will do. the thought of my son almost 4, full set of teeth, goin into reception class, speaks fluently, can ask for what he wants/needs, was potty trained at 2 n him comin up to me now tryin to latch on me, the thought is sickening! he no's full well its a boob n by then they shudnt still be feedin from it

n FYI ozzie i have as much right as the next person to an opinion....

i wont tell a person wot to do at all but if they tuggin at it then yes by now i absolutely would have!! they want milk, give em a cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->