time to admit i have a problem?? or not??

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
https://www.babyandbump.com/home-life-relationships-finance/63936-give-up.html

i am a wreck - i just want to hide from it all it melt into a puddle of tears. i broke down in clinic today in front of loads of mums....i am such an idiot.

mum said last night i have pnd?! told oh and he said "i could have told you that six weeks ago!!" ?!!??!!! news to me? does thatsound stupid??

soo where are you all? why have you letme slip to the point i feel like i can't go on ?????

i think it is time i sat down, took a deep breath and took some pills to make it all better (anti-d's).

I feel the same too hun, I just breakdown in tears at night time just knowing I can't keep doing all I do. Maybe go talk to a doctor hun :)

Im with you on this hun , your not alone ..Im also going to the dr's soon

thats how i felt hun, i told my midwife and she sent me to the docs the same day! I had to fill in a questionnaire at docs n had a little chat and i have got pnd...they gave me antidepressants, been on them now for abou 4 weeks and feel great! i would go docs and have a chat with them xxx

i was exactly the same hun. finally went to see the hv and she got me an appt with the doctor straightaway, had to fill out a questionaire and was told i had PND. My hv comes out once a week to see me and i have to see the CPN (clinical psychiatric nurse) tomorrow.

just getting everything of your chest does a great deal for you.

hope you get things sorted soon. :hugs:

:hug:

you've just made the bggest step. See the dr, it will only help.

Huge hugs hun, we are all here for u. You have just made the biggest step by admitting things. Please go and see your doctor believe me they can help xxx

mum and dad came round this evening and looked after tom and cooked me a huge roast dinner with a lovely dessert. I mowed the front garden, the side garden, the back gardem, picked up all my apples from the street and gardens, mum cleaned my kitchen and i did some washing and tidies and hoovered downstairs.

feel all occomplished now. My sister is coming tomorrow so i can finish doing the gardens :) A zillion other things need doing, but i can leave those.

yey fabulous...i hope your walk helped too...were a right pair arent we lol

h x

:) you'll be ok now hun, glad your folks came round:hugs:

It was 3 months that I felt the same way. The best thing I did? A gallbladder cleanse!!! You drink and eat only apples and raw apple juice for 2 days straight and then at the end of the 2 days, you drink a 1/2 C. Olive Oil, juice of 1/2 a grapefruit and one lemon. The next morning you will be on the toilet for an hour, but you'll do a 180* with your outlook.

I feel the same, Em. Like, my life is all over because its been reduced to cleaning up, wiping s**t and puke and being home, which I absolutely despise. :hugs:. You've been my hero since Day 1, as levelheaded and optimistic as you've been all thru your pregnancy and after birth. You're basically doing it on your own and I applaud you so much more because of that. Stay strong, its just a bump along the way..:hugs:

you should definitely go and see your GP - although it's actually been my HV who's organised stuff for me. She came with a health and lifestyle support worker who is very nice but not too clinical and mental health-y if that makes sense.

It's good to hear that the time to do other things helped - even if they were very productive things! You should persuade your parents to come over again and you should have a long bath :)

It was 3 months that I felt the same way. The best thing I did? A gallbladder cleanse!!! You drink and eat only apples and raw apple juice for 2 days straight and then at the end of the 2 days, you drink a 1/2 C. Olive Oil, juice of 1/2 a grapefruit and one lemon. The next morning you will be on the toilet for an hour, but you'll do a 180* with your outlook.

erm...lol, i think i'll pass! No one to look after tom whilst i am on the loo lol!! but thanks!

I feel the same, Em. Like, my life is all over because its been reduced to cleaning up, wiping s**t and puke and being home, which I absolutely despise. :hugs:. You've been my hero since Day 1, as levelheaded and optimistic as you've been all thru your pregnancy and after birth. You're basically doing it on your own and I applaud you so much more because of that. Stay strong, its just a bump along the way..:hugs:

me a hero??? awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!:) Thank you!!

Well now i have had some space to be calm, took my anger out on my lawns two days in a row, I am not sure it is PND, rather total desperation. If i knew I was on my own, then i think i would just get on with things, but because i know i am not, but that no one is helping me, it makes it so much worse. I will see what happens over the next week. Tom is still screaming, but today he grabbed toys for the first time and laughed, squealed and smiled more than i have ever seen him. So that gave me a boost.

I also have found a leaflet dedicated to home help for mothers with extra stress due to disabled children - so i will look into that tomorrow. I might be scared of anti-d's but i can at least give in and call someone in to help.

Thanks everyone!

I also have found a leaflet dedicated to home help for mothers with extra stress due to disabled children - so i will look into that tomorrow. I might be scared of anti-d's but i can at least give in and call someone in to help.

Thanks everyone!

Could you give me more info on this please em? I've not found anything :dohh:

I'm in the same boat. I've been on anti-d's for about 4 years before Tegan was born, but now she's been born and been in the hospital for so long I was feeling really crappy. I'd stopped my anti-d's whilst pregnant, but didn't put two and two together and realize it could be PND even though you kept warning me! :rofl:

One thing I wanted to tell you - phone your hospital and ask if they have a community paediatrics nurse. We see one once a week who will help us organise Tegan's appointments and fill in any forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->