time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

I hope you have the most amazing day tomorrow Emmy x

You're getting married in the moorrrning :wedding:

Thinking of you lovely lady :hugs:

So excited for you for tomorrow. Can't wait for the piccies :). Hope everything goes smoothly my lovely.
xxx

I can't wait to hear all about your big day!!! Congrats MRS!!!

Can't wait to see all the pics, I hope you had an amazing day xx

Hope you had the most amazing day ever! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Hey everyone

So the past few weeks were a little manic, but I wanted to pop on and let you all know how yesterday went.

So, the day before was bonkers. Chris' dad got back from collecting his hire car over half an hour later than planned, which meant that we set off to Stoke a lot later than we had originally planned to do. We met up with Chris' parents about 3/4 of the way back to Wales and Chris dad got out of his car and the first thing he said was "don't panic". My first thought was that he'd dropped the cake or dropped an accidental hint about the surprise man utd cake that I'd organised. Nope, it turns out he'd forgotten to pick up the flowers for our centrepieces :dohh: So we had a mad dash into tesco to choose as many white and yellow flowers as we could and we set off again.

We'd arranged to meet Chris' usher and his family at our house as they couldn't afford to stay at the hotel so when they got there they insisted on all 4 of them having a shower, which took at least another half an hour if not more. So by the time we got down to my mum's house I was in panic mode as it was already 19.00 and I'd wanted to have been at the hotel for at least an hour already :grr:

Soooooo, I think I should get onto the whole reason why this thread was made in the first place :blush:

So yesterday morning I woke up at about 07.00, 4 hours early for my bridesmaid to come and do my hair for me. So I got myself on facebook, watched some youtube videos and leant out of my huge window alot as it was sooooo warm in my room. At about 10.00 I gave up and had a soak in the bath as I was seriously bored and didn't know what to do with myself, I could hear Chris talking with members of his family out on the front lawns of the hotel so I wanted to get out of the way for a bit.

At about 11.00 Nikki turned up to sort out my hair with my cousin (who would be helping me into my dress later in the day). So we got started on my hair and a lovely lady who works at the hotel came up to check on how we were getting on and dashed off to get me a jug of iced water as I was so warm. At this point Chris had to dash out to collect some of his relatives who'd car had broken down as he was the only one who knew where he was going, so I took this as an opportunity to dash downstairs and have a check on how everything was going and it looked stunning. I honestly couldn't have been any happier.

In the run up to 15.20 when I started getting my dress on, my darling cousin managed to break the coat hanger it was on twice, once when looking at the corset back and the second time when she was trying to hang it on the bed for the photographer. I seriously wish I'd had the camera on her then as her face was such a picture.

I don't really remember much about getting ready as once my hair was done, things were just happening in such a blur, meeting the photographer, sorting my makeup, getting into my dress.

Next thing I know it's time to go downstairs and I instantly realised why it was that I had so much cut off the train - I stood on the front of the dress whilst walking down the stairs, which would have been pretty awkward as the photographer was stood at the bottom of them on the mini landing thing :dohh:

Ok I'd better switch to a new post before I get told I've typed too much :rofl:

The ceremony went by so quickly I remember being stood in the bar of the hotel, waiting to be given the sign to go and I wasn't sure who was shaking more, me or my uncle (who was walking me down the aisle). Then the next thing I know, the registrar is telling Chris he can kiss the bride. Apparently one of the flower girls were shouting during the ceremony "Hiya Nan" to her nanna (my aunty) and I don't remember anything of the sort. It was kind of like I'd just switched off and was just focused on Chris :blush:

So off we trundled outside to have our photographs done and I have to say how pleased I am that we went with Ant. He made everyone feel comfortable and had a laugh with us all, whilst staying professional. I honestly couldn't have asked for better and the sneaky peak photo he put on facebook for us is just sooooooo stunning :cloud9:

One of the stand out moments for me was when Chris' sneaky man utd cake got brought out. He'd been on about having one for ages and ages and I'd always told him no. So I decided to organise him one and try and keep it a surprise. Well, let's just say that worked and all I noticed was him put his arms in the air as they brought it out, so I can't wait to see the photos :D

Our first dance was amazing, even though we just winged it as we didn't find time to have a practice. It was sooooo emotional and I kept welling up and starting to cry :blush: My cousin and brother's gf both videod that for us and everytime I've watched it I've promptly burst into tears :dohh: I'm not sure how to share the video at the moment but I WILL figure it out at some point :haha:

The only hitches of the night was that firstly my brother was being an arse with my mum and making things seriously difficult so when he went it was a bit of a relief. Then secondly there was an issue with some of the younger bridesmaids and my cousin's little 6 year old (the girls weren't letting him down the slide and weren't being nice so my cousin pulled them up on it and said if he was being naughty they should have gone to an adult). Anyway, one of them laughed in my cousin's face and said "what are you going to do about it?" she got angry and upset the wrong bridesmaid and the bridesmaid's dad was shouting at me about it, so I had a go back and said that I wasn't going to stand there and be spoken to that way and walked off, across the lawn and went to sit down on the bank out of the way.

Chris followed me and the nice thing that came out of that is that we actually managed to sneak half an hour on our own and just have some time to take it all in. He even turned around and said that he thought I'd looked even more beautiful in my dress than he could have imagined :cloud9:

So, it's not even 48 hours since we said I do and I really want to do it all over again. I'd happily go through all of the hassle etc just to have those moments again :blush:

Sooooo, I thought you'd all like to see some piccies before I add some of the official ones to the wedding photos thread. I love the one of the first dance as there's me and Chris looking all in love etc and then there's my brother who's the guy on the right hand side who looks like he's sobbing his heart out :rofl:

Attachments

• 1075860_4681687134759_358695832_n.jpg
    1075860_4681687134759_358695832_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 557652_4681691814876_1277604985_n.jpg
    557652_4681691814876_1277604985_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 297039_412756475500583_43058942_n.jpg
    297039_412756475500583_43058942_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 993652_4787756665702_1692481457_n.jpg
    993652_4787756665702_1692481457_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 26
And I think someone is getting broody as he NEVER voluntarily holds small children or babies :rofl:

Attachments

• 995749_4681685054707_922828759_n.jpg
    995749_4681685054707_922828759_n.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 21
Awww Emmy!!! I love the pics!!! I'm so pleased for you!!!

Beautiful Emmy, it looks amazing! I was welling up just reading it lol! Xx

Beautiful Emmy, it looks amazing! I was welling up just reading it lol! Xx

Me too. I can't wait for mine after reading this and it's almost a year away lol. Congratulations, and you looked gorgeous, the whole day sounds wonderful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->