time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

EmmyReece I love your hen night pics, it looks like a scream! haha! you're making me excited for mine- it's on Saturday. That drink looks totally up my street :thumbup:

Sounds like you've got most things sorted now; it's just the little loose ends to tie up now! sooooooo super exciting! :cloud9:

It was absolutely delicious, oh and I was drinking one called purple haze or purple rain and that was made out of cherry sourz, blue caracoa and lemonade I think, was totally yummy :D

:rofl: my cousins made sure despite mil's attitude that I enjoyed the night as much as possible.

Yes Emmy I love your ticker, 7 lb at a time is a fabulous idea! I did small targets too for myself and I feel it's been much more successful than if I said right I want to lose 3 stone xx

:shock: less than a month to go

I'm starting to feel like we need more for the reception room after the ceremony. We've got the small fish bowl centrepieces, a bit of bunting. But I don't think it's enough :dohh: I'd better get searching and see if I can find something cheap to try and bump it up with.

For our reception room we had candelabras on mirrors, table diamonds and balloon displays. Just simple balloon displays - we did it ourselves the night before. We got foil balloons in co-ordinating colours (deep red, gold, silver and cream) and got helium cannisters. We got some great perfectly circular ball balloons! We only had five/six displays with about five/six balloon each - we had six big round tables. It did 'fill the gap' and make it look like the room wasn't just the tables. Once people are in there though you won't even notice, but a bit of tasteful decoration goes a long way (less is more they say!).

I see your list is going down loads - what you got left?!?!?!
xxx

Pay the food and room hire at the hotel
Pay the dj
Put the favours together (which will be place cards as well)
Sort out the table plan
Put the centrepieces together
I still need to find my lingerie and shoes

There's probably more, but it's not been the best of days here today as mum isn't too well

I know I always said that I wouldn't have chair covers and sashes. But I was having a look at the pictures of the venue and I realised that the red chairs wouldn't really look right with our blue and yellow colour scheme. So I've sent off payment for chair cover hire and I'm seriously relieved.

I've also ordered organza table runners for the round tables - 10 for £9.99. So I ordered a pack of royal blue ones and a pack of yellow ones. I want to layer 2 at a time so that we have a stronger colour pay off. And I've found a seller on ebay who does them by the metre, so I'll be ordering one for the top table asap :happydance:

Sweets for the adults' favours have been ordered. We went with jelly belly beans in the end, you know the ones that come in like 40 flavours? So I have 3kg of them coming for me to put into little plastic favour bags when we're next in Cheshire (plus it gives me an excuse to get out of the way and away from his mum) :haha:

Sounds like its all coming together now :) i know i jeep saying it but i seriously cant wait to see the pics :) cant believe its nearly here. I remember when i still had nearly a year till mine and you booked yours for exactly a year after and now im coming upto bein married a year. Where has the time gone!!

I think u have done the right thing with the chair covers. I think they just make it feel more weddingy :) xxx

Ahhhh seriously it's coming around way too quickly. I can't get over the fact that we have less than 4 weeks to go :shock:

I'm seriously excited for our photos, I'm going to ask Ant if he can copy this one so we can have it as a canvas for the front room :happydance:

https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/996709_10151744563728336_1460040871_n.jpg

Just having a catch up, not long to go now!
You sound very organised and well on your way!
That picture is mega cute :cloud9:

You sound very nearly done, wish I was as organised as you, your wedding is coming up very quickly!!

Emmy i'm super excited about seeing the pics! It feels like forever ago when we both started planning! I had a fingerprint tree & everyone loved it! But did you pay that price? Also re the decoration, i had a fish bowl with a candle & water beads, purple diamontes on the table, my place settings were a fabric butterfly, name card & favour and fabric butterfly bunting (which took me weeks to make) heres some pics so you can see, it didnt feel empty was just enough i reckon!
https://i41.tinypic.com/30moeaw.jpg

Yep we paid that price as Chris said to go for it, with us being under the 4 week mark he just wanted to get it ordered rather than have me get stressed trying to find a cheaper one :)

I love those photos, they look absolutely stunning :D

I think I was just having a panic, wondering if we'd done enough etc. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will feel the same way. I think I just need to let it go and try and concentrate on enjoying the run up to the wedding :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->