Timing of first midwife appt uk

dlj2

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently 8+4 and still havnt heard from the midwife? I filled in the paperwork with my GP at 5/6 weeks is this usual or should I chase it up? Just had a feeling it was around week 9 with my daughter but had been booked in much earlier.
Thanks.x

Sorry I didn't want to read and run but I'm not sure. Here, after I had my son they told me that when I get pregnant again to just ring the midwives straight up, I didn't have to go through the doctors again.
I rang the midwife on Friday and have an appointment at the clinic next week when I will be 6 weeks, then they will sort my booking in appointment.
Hope you hear something soon.

Thankyou that seems such a good way of doing things!xx

I went in and filled in a form at about 6 weeks and they rang me to book in a booking appointment at 9 weeks exactly. I would chase them because a delay in the booking app may delay your 12 week scan x

I've got my appointment this Wednesday, I'll be 6wks 4days, I filled the forms in at the drs & she phoned me a few days later & booked me in x

Ok thanks girls I think ill pop down and chase it up.x

I had my booking scan at 12 weeks and 2 days later my scan, I think it depends on the area your in x

Thanks lilbean2, was 12 weeks literally the first time you'd seen or heard from the midwife? I'm in the southeast. I've just been given a number to chase up the midwifed so will see what they say.x

Yup, I received a letter at 10 weeks for my booking in appt and scan.

I was 12+1 when I saw mw dis the bloods etc

with my second I just made an apt directly with the midwife for about 9 weeks. Will do same again this time x

I made my doctors appointment for about 6 weeks them got my booking appointment with a week or two for 10 weeks and my scan letter come about two days after my booking appointment letter and got my 20 week scan letter a week after my booking appointment. Xx

At my drs you can just book straight in with the MW, I have mine 5th June. x

I saw the Dr at 5 weeks and filled in the paperwork and have a appt with the midwife on Thursday when ill be 9 weeks... Deffo chase them up hun. I think they tried to can n me but I was holiday so they sent a letter out xx

I self referred at 5 weeks and got my appointment at 8 weeks. She booked my first u/s when I rang up to refer in!!!! At my booking in appointment and made all my appointments including 20 week ultrasound!!

But I do live in a very rural area, so imagine there's a lot less pressure on the service.

Thanks all, I spoke to the liaison midwife team and apparently my surgery has a back log but I should hear within the next week.x

where i am you dont hear from a midwife till 9 weeks hun. they then do your booking at 10 weeks and book your 12 week scan when they are doing your booking appointment

we have to goto gp who refers us to midwife.

usually the time to book in is for between 9-10 weeks as there are certain blood tests they need to do that cant be done before this time. Pointless seeing a doctor because all they do is ask you when your last period was and make a note on the system. they then just tell you to call to make an appointment for such and such a date. I'm on my third and will just call up to make an appointment in a few weeks time x

With my son I went to the doctors at 5/6 weeks, they booked me an appointment there and then with the midwife for 9 weeks
This time round I had my doctors appointment at 8 weeks and was told to wait for a phone call from a midwife to book in my first appointment
Still havent heard anything, I think i'll leave it a few more days and then like you i'll have to chase them up!

With my son I went to the doctors at 5/6 weeks, they booked me an appointment there and then with the midwife for 9 weeks
This time round I had my doctors appointment at 8 weeks and was told to wait for a phone call from a midwife to book in my first appointment
Still havent heard anything, I think i'll leave it a few more days and then like you i'll have to chase them up!

It's frustrating isn't it, I just really wanted to know they had my paperwork more than anything, I was advised to chase again Friday if I havnt heard this week.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->