Tinsel: Love it or hate it?

I love it , but it has to be the thicker stuff, and no more than 2 colours. My tree is white and red, so I use red tinsel :) and once it starts getting ratty and straggly, it gets replaced

I love it! It goes everywhere. In all different colours. I like the glitter rainbow vomit look :rofl:

Oh I love it too :xmas8:

My tree was red and white theme last year and I got two colour thick tinsel it was gorgeous :cloud9:

I made a tinsel garland and wrapped twinkling fairy lights round it for round mirror and curtain pole etc was delightful . My parents told me it was tacky looking hahaha :dohh: good job I couldn't give a **** what anyone else things :happydance:

Xxxx

LOVE tinsel but it is SO hard to find to buy around here for some reason!!! We have red & gold :thumbup:

I love it on the tree. Hate it anywhere else!

ETA: in my own house I mean. Other people seem to get it to look nice wrapped around things etc, just looks tacky in my house it must be me lol. I am however getting some equally tacky tartan and gingerbread man bunting to put up everywhere this year lol.

Love it. It goes everywhere, I buy the chunky and the really thin kind for going on different things.

I hate it, sorry ladies X

I never really liked it until last year when we got lovely thick baby pink and green tinsel I love that !

I love it but don't really use it on the tree anymore. I might try and find somewhere to put some this year. Can't wait to get all the decorations down now.

Love it- only on the tree. Nice, chunky stuff :thumbup: I don’t think we’ve actually got any for the tree though!

... or around my head like a halo- living out the dream of being an angel in the nativity when I was little that I never got... or something :rofl:

I'm so happy to see so many tinsel lovers :haha:

Suppose I'm in the minority here. I don't like it. I don't necessarily hate it; I mean, if someone has it on their own tree I'm not going to hate on their tree just bc of the tinsel. I just don't want it on mine.

I used to be a fan, but now, not so much. OH has made me not use it for the past 4 Christmases and I love my tree without.

I don't hate it, but I don't put it on my tree.
I think tinsel can be done nicely on a tree and I've seen some beautiful ones, but if you get it wrong it doesn't look good.

It’s naff, shoulda gone into a black hole in the 90s with those foil ceiling decorations. Sorry ! Hahah

Haha they were awesome back in the day! My house was covered in them at Christmas as a kid lol.

My nan used to hang those EVERYWHERE every year :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->