Tipping?? Is it just me or is this appalling

I normally wouldn't either :blush: but my friend just started Hair School and begged me to let her at least do some layers in my hair and add bangs and she did a really good job!

Had it not been for her I wouldn't have ever consider it. :blush: But that's just me though, I do know that not everyone has friends who's done Beauty school. :flower:

O/T but why are they called bangs?? The word doesn't make sense!

We call it a fringe... It's apropriate :haha:

Appropriate for your side of the world maybe, lol. I cringe every time I see someone saying that they're going out for a "fag". That's a derogatory term for a gay man over here. :rofl:

OMG me also. When I first heard the word Fag I almost died .. Then almost died laughing again when I realized what it meant ...:p: It means cigarette , over here also it is a bad word to use..

Ahh yes, I used to love all the "UK vs North America" threads where it would be all the differences. :haha:

In the UK it can mean gay man too but in a derogatory way I think. So it isnt really used for that.

I have some friends from Scotland, maybe it is used more there? Cause they always use the term fag for cigarette

Sorry should of explained myself better fag is used a lot for cigarette but it can also be used for a gay man, however using it about/towards a gay man is usually a deogatory way and so therefore it isnt used much about gay men.

In the UK it can mean gay man too but in a derogatory way I think. So it isnt really used for that.

I have some friends from Scotland, maybe it is used more there? Cause they always use the term fag for cigarette

Sorry should of explained myself better fag is used a lot for cigarette but it can also be used for a gay man, however using it about/towards a gay man is usually a deogatory way and so therefore it isnt used much about gay men.

Oh its derogatory here too. But never used to refer to a cigarette. :haha:

I normally wouldn't either :blush: but my friend just started Hair School and begged me to let her at least do some layers in my hair and add bangs and she did a really good job!

Had it not been for her I wouldn't have ever consider it. :blush: But that's just me though, I do know that not everyone has friends who's done Beauty school. :flower:

Appropriate for your side of the world maybe, lol. I cringe every time I see someone saying that they're going out for a "fag". That's a derogatory term for a gay man over here. :rofl:
But what does bangs mean though?!?!

Fringe is something that's on the edge or the border of something !

Fannys hilarious!!! I heard someone in Florida say "Kiss my fanny" ... I nearly died laughing!!

Fannys hilarious!!! I heard someone in Florida say "Kiss my fanny" ... I nearly died laughing!!

Why are bangs called bangs?

I call them bangs also. I also get my hair done every Saturday and here we call it a Blow Out ( Just get your hair blown out straight , not a haircut). My friends who are mostly from the UK thought this was hysterical they never heard of this term, do you say that there?

I call them bangs also. I also get my hair done every Saturday and here we call it a Blow Out ( Just get your hair blown out straight , not a haircut). My friends who are mostly from the UK thought this was hysterical they never heard of this term, do you say that there?

Blow dry here... Blow out seems so dramatic:haha:

I'm US and I've never heard of this. :shrug: Do you really pay someone to blow dry your hair? Doesn't it just need drying again after you shower?

I'm US and I've never heard of this. :shrug: Do you really pay someone to blow dry your hair? Doesn't it just need drying again after you shower?

My hair is very very thick, they don't just blow dry it, they make it straight and manageable . I shower before i go , I don't wash my hair everyday , I can't it would be terrible, so when I take a shower I put a towel on my head . I wash my hair 3x a week.

I used to have blow outs done all the time! :thumbup: I too have really thick hair, my arms get sore from trying to blow dry it myself. So if I was going out (pre kids and LOTS of disposable income :haha: ) I'd have a stylist wash and dry it for me so it'd look nice. :flower:

Nowadays its a luxury I can't afford, but I do miss it. Its heaven having someone else wash your hair! :smug:

When I try to blow out my own hair I look like a witch. My arm gets tired and the brush gets stuck in my hair, it is horrible. I don't know why my hair is so thick, but it is.

Ok the left side of this picture is what i look like when trying to do it myself :wacko: Not me in the picture just what my hair looks like when I try to do it myself

Attachments

• crazy haior.jpg
    crazy haior.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3
:rofl:

I have comparason pictures for sure. I'll put them in the spoiler for anyone who doesn't care:

https://xad.xanga.com/f18e040110c34275885566/w219844205.jpg

Me trying to blow dry my own hair :haha:

https://x06.xanga.com/1aeb10f77513418842959/w13559853.jpg

Aaand back in the day when I could afford to have someone else do it for me. :rofl: I'm on the left. :flower:

Oh, to be that skinny again!

You are gorgeous Tiff. I have thick hair and use to go for a blow dry regularly but hate the hairdressers now.

Also couldnt help but :rofl: at how random this thread has got.

Oh and here blow out is usually in reference to a car. Like if the tyre completely comes apart thats a blow out. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->