Tips and useful buys for FTM

FTM stalking!

Does anyone have any advice regarding prams/buggies? I don't even know where to begin! A friend of mine just bought a multi use buggy for £2000, this seemed kind of excessive to me?! Or do I need to start saving :haha:

FTM stalking!

Does anyone have any advice regarding prams/buggies? I don't even know where to begin! A friend of mine just bought a multi use buggy for £2000, this seemed kind of excessive to me?! Or do I need to start saving :haha:

No that's definitely excessive lol! Unless you have that sort of money and want to of course! I paid £125 for mine reduced to half price in a factory seconds store (few scuffs). I got the Hauck ladybird travel system which I find nice and small to fit in the car, easy to push and ideal for us. But it's not "all singing all dancing" it's quite basic. But that suits us anyway!

For anyone formula feeding I found a flask a lifesaver especially for night feeds, keep boiled water (cooled for 20 mins) in there an can make bottles up fairly quickly at night. Also Tupperware tubs to measure out portions of milk powder to add straight to hot water when out and about.
Oh and my microwave steriliser is great, no fuss and no extras needed such as sterilising tablets. Just pop bottles in with some water and microwave for 8 mins.

FTM here as well! Still a ways to go....but ive already read through this post and added a bunch of stuff to a baby registry on amazon!
Keep it coming! Love it!:thumbup:

Phew, that's a relief Babybubs! We've only got a small car so small sounds good! I'll check it out :thumbup:

What bottles did you use? I used nuk with my DD and planned on using mam, but they don't keep it in the part of the country where I live now - go figure! So what do you think of tommee tippee?

yikes £2000 on a pram!! does it walk its self?? pmsl

i got a graco travel system 1st time, good as we were travellers alot so easier to clip car seat on pram if he was asleep.

this time im looking for a pram with carrycot. preferably a small or fold down one as most ive seen are huge, and to fit that plus pram frame in boot seems too big for boot if were shopping.

I can't recommend the mamas and papas sola pram enough. Love mine so much I'm actually gonna buy it again just a different color for this baby! It is the perfect pram! Soo light weight and easy to push, folds small, can have it facing either way, huge hood, big basket, lies flat. It's great!

We had tomee tippee closer to nature bottles with Ted and I plan to buy them again this time too

We used tommee tippee bottles too, we like them, although they aren't the anti colic ones, I've heard they aren't as good if you have a reflux baby. Emilia had colic but I gave her infacol and it worked so we just stuck with the normal bottles.

I've heard a lot of people say the sola is a good pram :thumbup:

We spent £450 for our oyster travel system and in the uk I wouldnt say thats exremely expensive compared to some but when my son is 11 months old we will need a double so it wont even have had a years use!!
This time im getting a graco double which is under £200 ( if it fits in the car)

I breastfed for the first month and wishhh I had a sling as I was so paranoid of people seeing me feed but you can kind of hide it in the sling

Lots of blankets useful for in the car, at the park, in the pram, playing on the floor etc

MAM bottles were amaing for my colicky baby and still use them now even though he seems to be ok

Id say make a small medical box with infacol, gripe water, detinox, cradle cap cream. At 2am when your childs screaming this can be the ultimate lifesaver!

Il definately buy more newborn sleepsuits this time, he was 8lbs 3 so not small and in newborn for at least 6 weeks and we only had a pack of vests and pack of sleepsuits for that size

Playmat, safe place you can put baby and he still loves it 4 months on.

Socks, bibs, muslin squares, bath towels

I honestly find so many things important!!

I only breastfed for a little while but Lansinoh is AMAZING. I used MAM anti colic bottles and they were brilliant! Xx

Dr Brown bottles we ended up on as son had colic, they were fab.

We loved Swaddleme blankets, my husband had a heck of a time swaddling and these were perfect!
https://www.summerinfant.com/nursery/swaddling/resources

I found baby sleeping bags fab! Used them straight away with Ds2 and once it cooled down a bit with my august born ds1 - both boys hated being swaddled.

Slings - either a stretchy wrap like a kari-me or moby, a close/Caboo (like a pre-tied stretchy) or possibly a ring sling or pouch sling. A sling (even a ring or pouch sling) is safest and best for baby used with baby in an upright position not a cradle position (unless feeding) - it is really worth googling and going to a sling meet or library to learn how to do this well with newborns in a ring/pouch sling.

We shelled out 800 quid for an icandy and once I got into babywearing it didn't get much use! He still goes in it occasionally as a treat :haha:

As for slings, defo find your local sling library and have a play with different types. They are FAB. We started with a Bjorn and stretchy wrap, then moved onto an ergo and wovens. He's still carried now, 2 weeks before he turns 3 :D

We used tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and they were fab. Nipple shaped and wide necked to make filling and cleaning easy.

I'm getting a good BF pillow next time round x

I think most of this has been said but...

Turn your phone to silent, sleep is sporadic in the first few weeks and someone always calls just as you or bubs is nodding off!

Best buys...

- Lansinoh (amazing!) and a feeding pillow if BF
- Muslin squares (lots)
- Baby sleeping bags
- Angelcare movement monitor
- Sling, wrap or carrier (wished we had started using ours earlier!)

Pram wise we got Quinny Zap Xtra as it was the only one that would fit in our tiny car and it was pretty cheap too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->