Tips for a novice baby-wearer please!

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
My Moby wrap has just arrived in the post today :happydance: I can't wait to try it out. Do you have any tips / advice about baby wearing especially about what you can and can't do. For example do you cook while wearing your baby? I wouldn't feel comfortable properly cooking but if it was just a case of heating something up would you do that? How long can you keep LO in there? Is it possible to BF while in the wrap? Any other useful tips? Thanks for your help :flower:

Couple of tips
1)Practice tying it! Saves all the fumbling around when you're trying to do it when you're out somewhere :)

2)If in doubt,tie it tighter not looser. Baby won't be well supported if its too loose!

I have cooked whilst wearing a Moby :thumbup:

Practice on a stuffed animal first.
Make sure baby is visable and kissable (should be high enough to kiss baby's head, and always seen).
Do not cook with an open flame, splashing oil or water, etc.

Just been practising some wrapping! Think I need to practise a lot more though. It looks so easy on the videos. I'm either getting it too tight so I can't get LO in or it's too loose and LO isn't supported! Hopefully I'll get the hang of it eventually.

It's a bit of a learning curve, but once you've got the hang of it, stretchy wraps are fab :)

You can feed in it, although I never got the hang of it. Have a google for some tips and videos. You can leave your LO in there for quite some time-just remember that the wrap is warm and you should dress LO in lighter clothes. I'd usually use a wrap instead of a coat on LO, and keep him under my coat if it was cold.

YouTube has some great videos-definitely worth a look :) my tip for tightness is to put it on initially as tight as you can, then place your hands in where LO's bottom goes and pull it about 6 inches away from your body. That usually worked for me :) happy wrapping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->