Tips for buying 2nd hand?

EcoMama

Reaction score
I hate buying things new, as I know there'll be a perfectly good used item out there that I can buy. I like that buying 2nd hand has less impact on the environment, plus it's usually cheaper!

I completely don't see the point of buying new clothes, so all of ours come from either charity or ebay.
I also buy toys/hardware/bikes etc 2nd hand.

What do you guys buy 2nd hand? It would be great to some day to be at the point where most of the things we have are reused.

I buy most things second hand - clothes, shoes, toys, books...
I don't know if I buy anything new..?:blush:

I buy clothes and big toys for sure, if I can find it used I will probably buy it used. I don't do used shoes though, as a toddler it probably wouldn't matter but as an adult your shoes take on food/stride shape/wear, and I don't want that. Also I am picky about the material and flexibility of shoes.

Clothes, toys, books, cloth diapers. Anything I can find in great shape, really. The majority of my LO's clothes have come from eBay. The swings and seats and such that she had when younger were all from Craigslist in new or perfect condition- we gently used them and sold them again when done for pretty much the same that we paid.

I love buying used goods, other than what I received at the baby shower everything we have for LO I bought 2nd hand. Big fan of consignment shops :)

It really bums me out when I want something specific and can't find it used though.

A majority of the stuff I got for my LO comes from ebay,craigslist and few local FB groups out there have been helpful as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->