Tips for gender scan

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
Hello,

As baby was seriously un-cooperative for the NT scan, I want this one right (especially as I am paying for it!) :winkwink:

Sooo...on my private scan it says a full bladder is not needed, on my 20 week NHS scan, I was told to come with a full bladder. I will be nearly 17 weeks for the private and exactly 20 for the NHS anomaly. Does anyone know why this is and also does anyone know if there is anything in particular I can eat or drink that will perk baby up then I can hopefully get a better chance of seeing the goods.

Also, can you ask for a potty shot? Is there a way they can make them sit like that? lol

My little one wasn't behaving for my NHS gender scan, so the tech told me to go away and drink something like hot chocolate, coffee or coke to wake the baby up and get her moving around. (I had hot chocolate and it was yum!) She also told me to slump in my seat so that baby had more room to move around (i.e stretch your belly out as much as you can while sitting down). We went back in about 20 minutes later and all was perfect!
Good luck!

i drank pop, ate sweets etc and eventually he turned round :lol:

goodluck x

If you have a frozen drink like a slushi or slurpie that's 100% going to work the coldness and the sugar will have them bouncing trust me

At mine I tried everything ice cream fizzy pop cup of tea coughing the only thing that got my little man to wake up and give me a flash was the tech lady giving him a really hard prod with the probe thing ( he didn't like it but cooperated from then on)

I was told I needed a full bladder for the beginning of the scan only to check my cervix. Then they let me go to the bathroom for the rest of the scan. Baby was very active. I had a half decaf half regular coffee and a muffin before the scan! She would not stop moving!

Orange juice, caffine and sugar, generally tends to get their engines fired up. Also tell the tech as soon as you walk in you would like to find out gender then if they do get a chance to have a look through the scan they can. That is what i did and she managed to get a good clear look near the end when the cord moved from between his legs. Good Luck x

Thanks for the tips :)

I have my gender scan on Saturday and little one did not cooperate at 12 week scan, insisted on staying curled up in a ball then the cheeky monkey put it's hands behind it's head as if to say 'I'm quite relaxed and happy thank you' so I really want it to cooperate on Saturday.

I will have an ice cold coke and a muffin/cake at the ready before I go.

xx

At our 12 scan, little one was quite active, jumping about the place lol. I'm hoping that next tuesday at our 20 week scan it calms down a little (but not too much lol)

Will take juice and some sweets with me just incase

At my 12 week NHS scan my girl was snoozing and had to be prodded like crazy (which felt so weird!) and I had to raise my bum off the bed and crash down hard 3 times . Did nothing. We only just managed to get the NT measurements! At my 16 week gender scan (private) I had some coke beforehand and she wouldn't stop fidgeting! 3D preview showed her with her face snuggled against my bladder and her hands around her face- no matter how much prodding she wasn't showing us her face. Her little body kept wriggling though.
Advice- tell the sonographer straight away that you want to know the sex so they can get it ASAP before checking anything else...othewise they might miss their chance as baby could move into an awkward position :flower: also don't run late like me- I was sick just before leaving but had no time to clean my teeth, we couldn't find anywhere to park and OH beamed so suddenly I spilled coke all in my lap and it soaked my knickers :blush: be calm and on time. Good luck xxx

Mine did not cooperate during 12 week. Was standing on his/her head and no amount of star jumps could change it. Had to go trans vag in the end.

Will be trying the icey drink/sweet idea before my scan on sunday!

I haven't been told anything for this scan. For my first at 12 weeks I was to have a full bladder, so i'm assuming I don't have to go with a full bladder this time. Anyways i'll be 22 weeks

I have a gender scan tomOrrow and I've been told a full bladder xx

A full bladder also helps get a clearer view/picture of the baby. When I went with babybond they said a full bladder was not needed but I drank enough to sink an army simply because I didn't want to get there and be disappointed. I always drink only water before a scan too. Hehe... a gender scan is so exciting!!! :hugs:

Apparently a cold fizzy drink and chocolate bars are recommended! YUM! xxx

Ooh thanks for this thread, I have my 20 weeks scan in 2 days and I want to know the sex. Fingers crossed Bean will show us this time! Good luck all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->