Tips for moving from cot to bed?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I don't know what kind but for all you Mummys out there would you have any tips to moving LO over to big bed at all of any kind?

x

We're going to try this I'm just waiting on everything arriving which should be over 2 weeks.

you could let her start having afternoon naps in it now so she gets used to it, and then when the time comes for night, she will be used to it?

We started with naps too. But when I decided to change them fully I set their toddler bed up exactly like their crib, then after they got used to it we got them new big boy bedding for it

I know theres a trick with a flat sheet to stop them going all the way down the bed so really like making a sleeping bag so we're gonna do that for sure.

Oh & I bought a video monitor :rofl: One of the girls picked me up the TK max offer for £49.99 haha

Actually I found it easier starting with bedtime rather than naps. They're just a bit giddier at nap time and are properly tired by bedtime (if that makes sense). Nap time in the new bed was a disaster.

They were both very excited about going from a cot to a bed though. I'm sure if you tell her it's a big girls bed she'll love it.

P.S. plus the thing about moving stuff out for a wee while until she gets used to staying put but I know you said you couldn't manage that.

Also, when you first put her down don't go too far away in case you have to keep going up to put her back in. It's knackering!

I just moved Kieran straight over because he already stopped his daytime naps by then, Does she have a duvet in her cot??

Kieran did, he had a cars and trucks duvet, when i moved him over the first nite i put on his brand new thomas duvet....He refused point blank to get into bed because it was different!!! I put his old duvet back on and he settled much better, Try and keep things the same except for the cot/bed change.

And maybe a nice long walk in the day :lol:

Haha Helen thought about that one - the cot will probably get used as a storage only thing that makes me eek is the clothes of drawers I think she'd ignore everything else if I didn't move it and just go for the drawers shes loves throwing clothes about more than her toys but theres so many drawers not sure about latching them all ...maybe we will actually!

I just moved Kieran straight over because he already stopped his daytime naps by then, Does she have a duvet in her cot??

Kieran did, he had a cars and trucks duvet, when i moved him over the first nite i put on his brand new thomas duvet....He refused point blank to get into bed because it was different!!! I put his old duvet back on and he settled much better, Try and keep things the same except for the cot/bed change.

And maybe a nice long walk in the day :lol:
She doesn't know always been blankets tried it other week and she tangled in it but she loves our bed snuggling under duvet. OH noticed other day when he napped with her in our bed (which is rare and not why shes wakening) is she moves about loads (like me apparantly) so thinking thats maybe why shes wakening - not enough room to move around (I go all shapes). Will put her teddys on the bed though thats about the only thing that stays the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->