Tips on flying please guys?

Sunseal

Reaction score
I'm 14 weeks pregnant today and have booked a holiday to Turkey for a week on the 9th June. Me and OH decided it was the last chance we'd get to do it for a long, long time!
Now we've booked it, I'm just wondering if there are any massive do's and don'ts that I need to know about. It'll be my first time on a plane, I've worked out I'll be about 21 weeks pregnant. Any tips?

Just realised I've posted this in first tri, oops.. oh well, you guys can give me tips too :D

Stay hydrated an get up and walk around every so often. If you're drinking a lot of water, it should be easy to do the latter as you'll keep having to go to the bathroom. Pack healthy snacks so you don't go hungry or get tempted by unhealthy airport foods. Carry hand sanitizer.

Okay, sounds good.

What about the holiday itself? 21 weeks isn't too late to be holidaying in Turkey is it?

Okay, sounds good.

What about the holiday itself? 21 weeks isn't too late to be holidaying in Turkey is it?

I wouldn't think so. Just try not to try any foods you've never had before, or make sure you know how they are made. I don't know if Turkey has problems with clean water, but I'd stick to drinking bottled water from a company you know and trust. I'd imagine it's very hot and sunny there, remember to use sunblock and drink lots of water, take breaks in the shade.

Lush do an amazing spray toner, that's called "Breath of Fresh Air".
it says on the bottle that it's great when you're stuck in air conditioned places for a skin pick me up, it will be good for spritzing on yourself if you get too hot on the plane/on the holiday itself.
I used the spray to cool myself down when I was in labour with DS1 x

Okay thanks. You know what it's like.. too late now it's been booked but it's always afterwards that you think "actually..." Haha. I'll make sure I stay hydrated with whatever the most well known brand of bottled water I can find is. I'll keep to the shade and the pools and put on plenty of suncream :)

zilla thank you, I hadn't thought of anything to spray on my skin but that's a good idea :D

I went to Portugal at 25 weeks pregnant and it was absolutely fine, this time in the second trimester is probably the best time to fly as you're not too big yet and hopefully the tiredness/nausea from the first trimester is gone.

What I would suggest is getting some kind of travel pillow for your lower back during the flight as I did find I got uncomfortable at times (I did fly Ryanair though and they are notorious for bad lumbar support). Also, be really sun safe and stay in the shade where possible.

Have a wonderful time :)

I know I am a lot earlier than you will be buy I just got back from a week's holiday in Tunisia, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day and evening as I found I got a headache quite quickly if I didn't, also be careful because I don't know if this was just me but my skin was a lot more sensitive so I had to pile on the suncream more than usual! On flight back we had seats with extra leg room and even though I am only 9 weeks I found it a lot comfier as I could stretch my legs of I needed to. Have a great time and just enjoy the time relaxing :)

Ask for extra pillows, at 24 weeks I spent a total of 24 hours in the air travelling from the Middle East back to Canada. Everything was fine, at this stage I had lots of energy. To make your life easier at customs though I'd wear slip on shoes and minimal jewelry (I have a tendency to set off metal detectors). Turkey is a gorgeous country, I hope you have a ton of fun and enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for your replies guys! I read ages ago from a thread on here that you're not supposed to go through the detectors at the airport, you have to be patted down, is that right? Do you need any proof of pregnancy or anything?

I read somewhere that you would have to walk through the detectors like 500+ times for it to make any difference .. I think its fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->