Tips on getting through the day on 3 hours sleep . . .

Lydiarose

Reaction score
I could not sleep last night and oscars srated waking up at 5am i finally got to sleep at 2 and i am exhausted!!!

any tips??

Hate feeling this tierd its horrible :cry:

Sounds silly, but go for a walk, or do something outside, kinda makes you forget about the tiredness and able to plough through the day...
If that doesnt work, then just chill and relax and have a early night :) :flower:

There's only been once answer to that since coffee was invented! lol

Coffee, energy drinks, fresh air, cold water spray (quite an extreme method, squirting yourself in the face with cold water but it does work!)

Omg snap! My oh was in work til 2am n I can never sleep when he's not ther And my dd starting to wake at 5am too which is highly frustrating! I'm sat here like a vegetable! As soon as she goes asleep I'm gona try and nap! But it's such a warm day today I don't wana spend it sleepin!

:hugs::hugs:

I'm on nightshift and had a few days I've had to watch Aria straight after due to no child care so I've been up like 30-40 hours. Somehow you just do it hun. Tis not nice and you feel like screaming! I actually think getting up andf out helps, means no chance of nodding off and being stuck in doors makes everything seem worse.

xxx

Keep busy busy busy! I am getting about four broken hours a night at the moment and it's a killer, but the busier you are the less you notice it.

yes, forget about housework and go out for a bit! It's tough but before you know it it will be bed time, just go to bed when baby does and read a book - you'll be asleep before the end of the first page x

In the first six months I used to drink so much coffee and tea that I felt sick, but it got me through (just about). Also, having really early nights helped too (I resented it, but I felt so much better for it!).
Hugs to you, I will never ever forget how awful sleep deprivation is xx

I agree about going out it really does wake you up

Or if possible have a nap while baby is asleep

Pro Plus! I'm working about three jobs at the minute and have chronic insomnia, and it's the only thing that's keeping me functioning!

I've been gettimg by on 3 hours a night for so long now that if I get 3 hours in a row my body won't go back to sleep... I find caffeine makes it worse also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->