Tips on how to keep pregnacare tablets down??!

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
Half the time when i take my pregnancy tablets they come straight back up as i’m sick a lot. Doesnt seem to matter what time of day i take them
:-(

I have to take mine with my evening meal - like half way through, or they upset my tummy.

Have you tried a gummy version of prenatals ? Thats what I use cause I cant swallow big pills maybe they will be easier for you to keep down ?

Have you tried a gummy version of prenatals ? Thats what I use cause I cant swallow big pills maybe they will be easier for you to keep down ?

Ohh thats a good idea. I wonder if we have a gummy version here in the UK. I know we do a liquid version which could be worth a try x

Pregnacare do a liquid one which is meant to be gentle on your stomach! Bit more expensive but worth a try!

You might also just try taking folic acid. The plain folic acid tablets are small and much easier to swallow. You don't need a full pregnancy vitamin, just folic acid and vitamin D, both of which are pretty small. If you want to take pregnacare, that's fine. But if it gets you through a few tough weeks, I'd just take a smaller, easier to swallow tablet until you can manage again. They're also significantly cheaper.

You might also just try taking folic acid. The plain folic acid tablets are small and much easier to swallow. You don't need a full pregnancy vitamin, just folic acid and vitamin D, both of which are pretty small. If you want to take pregnacare, that's fine. But if it gets you through a few tough weeks, I'd just take a smaller, easier to swallow tablet until you can manage again. They're also significantly cheaper.

Oh i never thought of that! Thanks so much. I’m off to the doctors shortly to see if they can recommend an alternative. If not i will take a trip to the chemist and have a browse :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->