Tips on TTC

Babydance

Reaction score
Hey ladies Sick of people telling you to just RELAX??? thought i'd post some of my findings on things that seem to help conception;

We should enjoy sex - Studies show that when women orgasm, it creates an alkaline state in the vagina that sperm prefer over the normal acid conditions. If you have an orgasm at the same time or shortly after your partner ejaculates, it increases the opportunity for sperm to survive the trip to the cervix.

Robitussin has an active ingredient known as guaifenesin that has been shown to have thinning effect on cervical mucus. This can be helpful to women who have abnormal ovulation, but not for women whose ovulation is on schedule.

Cut back on dairy products. A sugar found in milk known as galactose has been proven harmful to function of ovaries. Some women do not have normal amounts of the enzyme needed to break up galactose causing it to build up to dangerous levels in the body. It is recommended that you skip milk, ice cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Other foods that offer calcium are green leafy vegetables, beans, enriched flour, and fortified juices. If necessary, calcium supplements may be added.

Make love in the early morning or afternoon. Sperm levels are often highest in the mornings.

Acupressure/Accupuncture - It is thought that pressure applied to specific points on the hands and feet can help stimulate the ovaries, uterus, and adrenal, pituitary, thyroid, and parathyroid glands to balance hormone production. According to five element theory of Oriental Medicine, infertility is influenced by the water element (inside the Bladder and Kidney areas) and the earth element (inside the spleen and stomach areas).

Hypnosis - Unexplained infertility, it is all in the mind. Receiving a diagnosis of “unexplained infertility” can strike terror in the hearts of couples who want to be parents. Couples can feel helpless and frustrated with this diagnosis, but it really is the best news you can get after medical investigations. It means that there is NO physical reason you can not become parents… so it may be more helpful to look at it this way……
You are NOT infertile (you have the medical proof), you just haven’t conceived YET.

Good luck and baby dust to you all! :) xox

Thanks for posting this babydance, i'll be trying a few of those this cycle i think :wohoo:

thankyou and the same to you :happydance::happydance: xx

Oh now you tell me!!! After I bought a small tub of ice cream at the store :dohh: as a treat to myself for getting through this without crying over it and without letting myself get too down about it all. :amartass: But now I'm debating if I should even eat it or not. :muaha: Hmmm...like I said its just a single small mini tub. Think it should be alright? I start my 2nd round, first dose of clomid tomorrow. I have to take it on cd 3-8 this time instead of 5-9. Anyways, thanks for the info though! Very informative and useful. :thumbup:

Great info thanks...........maybe this may be TMI but I always ahem orgasm eh maybe a few times :blush: but always before my OH an on the last one he'll do his business together on the last one, but never AFTER HIM............when he finishes he's no more good :rofl: barely able to talk not a mind give me another :rofl: Still at least I get a few before he does finish :rofl:

Jesus weird thing is I love my glass of milk with my dinner, never knew about calcium hmmm great reading thanks xx

The last things I want to hear is no icecream. It would be really really hard to not eat icecream. I am going to have to do some research on that.

i just think we can all end up obsessing to much .... as long as ur healthy u be fine,look yr n yrs ago dythink my nan with 13kids said ooohhh im not drinkin milk ?!? proper tea addict so was, think somepp take the piss know in how much we all wana be pg and know we will listern !!!!!! good luck ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->